1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Cort, Jul 26, 2009.

1. dmholmes

dmholmes Senior Member

Houston
    I hope that is it. But I've been on the sublinguals for a couple of months before this started. It's not a tooth in particular, but kind of a widespread sensitivity in the teeth that hasn't been there before. Using a Sonicare toothbrush only makes it worse.

2. DrD

DrD

It is an incredible thread. I recommend it for all of you. There is tons of great information it. It has changed many of our lives......

3. markmc2000

markmc2000 Guest

well I had numerous tooth sensitivty and tooth root paint (more local pain in teeth with dental work). sensivity to hot and especially cold. It went away after awhile for me. However, it comes back as I increase the dose of Methyl b-12 or add "co-factors" as fredd calls them. The co-factors seem to be an important part in my mind, I seem to benefit alot with the l carnitine and alpha lipoic acid. I know some are worried about methyl mercury, however I had my mercury fillings removed awhile back and my mercury levels were low when measured.

Mark

4. winston

winston

Central California
    B12

Hi Fredd, I am still with you, is fear a B12 deficiency? I appreciate your opinions, I am continuing with your B12 protocol. The first time I started the B12s the start-up was easier than this time. I am still dealing with some nausea even after changing the way I take my supplements, I didn't have that last time. Also this time by mid day I have jumpy legs pretty bad, last time I didn't have that reaction. I am on 1 - mb12, 1 - adb12, and 1 - B-right. I have not started the Folate. Thanks for listening.

Lena

5. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

Hi Lena,

Fear and anxiety can certainly be b12 deficiency symptoms. Oddly, fear of b12 itself, often expressed about foods containing b12 is a relatively common symptom. As neurology starts healing all sorts of seemingluy pretty random activations of the nervous system happen. They are expressed as paresthesias in the peripheral and sensory hallucinations, shifting moods and so on when changes in the central nervous system occur. Unfortunately nausea itrself can also be caused at certain stages of going into deficiency and in coming out of deficiency. Shifting balance can also affect that. Various people have spoken of a "seasick" effect in that regard. The methylfolate might change the experiences you are having or allow you to get through them quicker or it might not. Keep on trucking.

6. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

Hi David,

I had years of widespread sensitivity and teeth sensitive to heat and cold as deficiency symptoms. They are on the list. These also can be experienced in the backwards direction at certain stages of healing as the neurology starts coming back.

7. winston

winston

Central California
    B12

Hi Fredd, I was looking through some old lab work that goes back to 2002 and noticed "out of range" neutrophils was high and lymphocytes was low. Would you know what that might mean? In all the blood work I have had never did I have a B12 blood test.

Lena

8. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Lena,

Check out the multi segmented neutrophils. Low lymphocytes can indicate b12 deficiency as can high multisegmented neutrophils.

9. Sunday

Sunday Senior Member

Thanks for the posts on teeth sensitivity - I had been feeling it but not thought to connect it with the B12 protocol. This is such a wacky disease.

David, if you have time I'd be interested to know more details on how your brain fog disappeared with the B12s. You said it went and never came back again, but was there more to the process? Do you remember how long it took? In my own case I certainly have more clear-minded times but I definitely also fall into brain fog sometimes, this being one of them.

10. dmholmes

dmholmes Senior Member

Houston
    My gums and teeth are in pretty good shape, so to me I have to connect it to something. I also stopped using toothpaste and drinking water that contain fluoride. Could be related.

The brain fog is very subjective I suppose. The cognitive issues and lightheadedness seemed to have subsided. I still have a weird vision issue driving at night, but I think that is neurological, and hope that goes away.

I don't recall how long it took to go away, but it must have been roughly a couple of weeks. I wasn't keeping track or expecting it to improve, just noticed one day that I wasn't having my "brain fog". I started so many supplements at the same time that it is difficult to know if it was B12 in particular or a combination.

11. DrD

DrD

12. DrD

DrD

====
    hi Freddd, I have had one blood anomaly (in addition to the b12, RBC, and MVC issues this year), and that is a borderline elevated ALT and AST. How long did it take for your ALT and/or AST to normalize?

I have had every conceivable test for elevated liver enzymes in the past 5 years that they have been elevated, and nothing definitive was ever found.

13. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi David,

We can each delete out posts.

14. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Still one copy of it quoted

15. DrD

DrD

Do you want me to delete my post?. I was simply pointing out the holes in all of the various links and lack of cause and effect and correlation. It is so full of holes, that it seems to be a waste of time.

16. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

It was so bad and full of holes that it seems a real waste and very misleading to even post it at all.

17. winston

winston

Central California
    B12

Hi Fredd, I am absorbing the b12s, my urine is bright yellow. "yeah" Last night I took a B-right and this morning I took a B-right and my mood & anxiety has improved and so has my shaky legs. I still have not started on my new prescription for Lexapro hopefully won't need to. I am only taking 1/4 of 5mg of MB12. This afternoon I am experiencing a whole new sensation, my body feels at peace.

Thanks for listening to me.

Lena

18. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Ready to start B12

Hi Freddd,

I am ready to start the B12 protocol. I've got a cart-full of supplements at i-herb. Just a few questions:

Dr. Levine tested my carnitine levels and (despite all of my grilled porterhouse steaks) the Carnitine Esters level was low. The reference range is 3.8-19.0 umol/L and my level is a 2 L. She prescribed Carnitor. Does the carnitine level indicate a B12 deficiency?

I found an earlier post on this thread where you recommended taking ALA along with l-carnitine, so I added the Jarrow Formulas, Alpha Lipoic Sustain 300 with Biotin, 300 mg to my order. I've also added sam-e, TMG, and d-ribose.

Do you suggest doing the B12 startup before adding the above co-factors? Or is it okay to start everything all at once?

Dr. Levine also put me on 500mg of Valtrex a day. Is it okay to do the B12 protocol while you're on antivirals?

Thanks,
    Kim

19. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Kim,

Dr. Levine also put me on 500mg of Valtrex a day. Is it okay to do the B12 protocol while you're on antivirals?

I don't know of any rteason why not but others might.

I would not suggest starting everything at once. It can be way to overwhelming and you don't learn as much.

Ideally I would suggest starting a,d,e,b-complex, calcium, magnesium, omega3 oils, potassium and other basic items if inclined, like Lecithin, chromium, selenium multiminerals etc. The ALA can be started too at this time. But not the critical cofactors. This gives the body a chance to bring any of those deficiencies up to par. After a few days, I would add Country Life adb12. This separates out the mitochondria startup to a large extent. Then after a few days start adding in Jarrow mb12. Be sure to use the brands specified for predictable response of sublinguals as there is a substantial difference in effectiveness by brand. Also method of use is important. Hold under upper lip in front for 45 minutes or longer for maximum effectiveness.

After adding in the adb12, the mb12 and things have stabilized, add in the methylfolate. After that has stabilized add the l-carnitine fumarate. That can have a much larger effect than the adb12 on energy generation. Actually whicnhever of that pair is added second is usallly the most energetic. If the carnitine/adb12 pair is very energetic you may find that the TMG and smooth that out and make it more comfortable.

After all this has stabilized add the SAM-e taking one tablet to begin with and letting that stabilize. Then add another to see if it makes any difference over the first one. Then finally, try the D-ribose. Or the D-ribose can be startede after comfort is reached on the first SAM-e. They work on different pathways.
    Good luck.

20. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

Hi Lena,

So the b-right twice a day was an important factor? Good to find out. Often finding what a good balance is can be difficult.

See more popular forum discussions.