Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Cort, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Senior Member

UK
    Oh, I got mine from somewhere online over Norwich way......I'll check, and post back.

2. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Senior Member

UK
  3. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Senior Member

UK
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Senior Member

UK
    @Pheenix997
    B5, pantothenic acid, combines with cholesterol to produce adrenal steroids, end-point of which is cortisol. Cortisol stops you from sleeping. Normal values of daily cortisol are highest first thing in the morning, and cortisol is what wakes us every day.

B5 after 4pm will DEFINITELY stop you from sleeping. I'm wondering if this was in your "Mixed Bs lotion".

Other Bs do not interfere with sleep. Some say B6 does, but I've never experienced insomnia from B6.

B5 stimulation will have you lying exhausted in bed while your mind won't shut up.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  5. Jaz

Jaz

@Freddd
    Hi Fred!
    I used to have pretty bad numbness in my feet and learning from your experiences i almost reveresed the damage few years ago.
    I got sloppy and it's been awhile since i religiously took them.
    I am now experiencing numb patches on my right toe and index finger on my right hand. And my whole righ arm feels like it's asleep.

I met a GP today that said B12 related neuropathy is symmetrical so this can't be it. I really doubt what he said. Was your neuropathy symmetrical by any chance?

/thank u so much in advance

6. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    @Jaz I take B12 and a multi B and it never helped my neuropathy but was does help quite a lot is benfotiamine which is a form of thiamine(B1)
    If you do a search here on PR you will find lots more info about it
    Most people take a higher dose than I do for neuropathy. I'm only taking 150mg 2x a day but its really effective

7. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

8. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    Don't know, but several of us here have found that transdermal B12 (both types) absorbs better & is thus more effective.

The scientist who formulated & sells the best brand of transdermal will be able to answer your questions, I'd think:

enquiries AT b12oils.com

See more popular forum discussions.