Quick update on my unpleasant folate increase experience - after reading http://howirecovered.com/walloped-by-folate/ Fred asked if I was exceeding his recommendations on B1, B2 and B3 doses (max of 30-40 mg for b1 and b2, 100 mg max for b3). My answer was 'yes - I have been exceeding those doses significantly so I'm going to reduce them for three days to see if I feel better.' At higher doses, Fred's need for potassium was insatiable (so is mine). So about two weeks after reducing B1 B2 and B3 doses I feel a little more relaxed with a little less cramping. It isn't a dramatic change so I can't be certain. But, I did another folate increase (same 200 mcg increase) and this time it went smoothly. Can't say for sure whether or not the change in B1 B2 and B3 is responsible - I also was very careful to pace out my B12 sublinguals whereas on the day I had all the trouble, I believe I took them too quickly... I also started using a sublingual B2, so as usual, too many changes to know anything definitively. Thanks Fred!!