1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Cort, Jul 26, 2009.

1. arx

arx Senior Member

2. topghetto

topghetto

London
    Thank you arx,

What I noticed in the thread which you posted was people were talking about not getting cotton wool in their bottles, and their bottles were made of plastic. In my case, my bottle did include the cotton wool, and it was also made of glassy type material. I maybe lucky?

Farouk

3. arx

arx Senior Member

Can't say, Farouk. I've tried only one bottle of Jarrow, and that seemed like a plastic bottle to me. Maybe you have one of the older batches..

4. topghetto

topghetto

London
    Hi Ark,

I am guessing you have also had a bad experience with using the Jarrow b12?

5. arx

arx Senior Member

Hi topghetto,

I started off with the 1 mg NOW Foods MB12. After finishing one bottle of NOW, I tried Jarrow as it was highly recommended by almost everyone on all B12 related forums. I did not experience the neurological activity and startup with Jarrow as I did from the NOW brand.I got to know that the more intense symptoms one gets from MB12, the more potent it is. I just got a bad headache from Jarrow. So I went ahead with NOW. Meanwhile the thread about Jarrow had started and I didn't try it again.

6. topghetto

topghetto

London
    Ah, I see. Hopefully the Jarrow will do me some justice but, if not, I will definitely give the NOW b12.
    I was wondering, have you done any of the B12 protocols? If so, which one? And was it beneficial? I ask this because I suffer from major brainfog and it is totally annoying. Derealisation sums it up

Farouk

7. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    This is only my opinion but I wouldn't start all of them at once anyway, its a hard hit on the pathway. My doc is all about low and slow so I would start them one at a time and after some time goes by see how you do. If you are still not progressing like you want, then maybe buy the neurological vits. I'm on way more stuff then what you listed above but never even started the neuro vit at HHI and I'm at 90-95% so I don't think its a deal killer. The SMP is a guideline of what you might want to start but not necessarily all at once. I think its smarter to layer stuff in one by one instead of having a hellatious detox.

8. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    this is why my doc likes having the actual defect panel done instead of the serum test. The test below changes based on life stressors, illness, and more but the genes don't. She said she only orders this test if the person isn't responding to treatment as expected but otherwise, doesn't use the resources up. I guess she used to order all of them but it really didn't make much of a difference for 90% of her patients. I guess this is where scientists differ from the clinicians. They're looking for the proof but when you see something all the time clinically instead of in theory, you don't need the reassurance as much.

9. topghetto

topghetto

London
    Angela,

Thank you so much for the detailed information. I will definitely start slowly (which I have been). So far, I have been taking only the Methyl B12, and sometimes the Lecithin, but soon, I will introduce the folinic acid. I am kind of scared haha. If I get ill, that means it is working, right? due to the detox, and toxins being released into the bloodstream.

Farouk

10. topghetto

topghetto

London
    Angela,

One more thing, how long did it take you to notice some improvements? Like, how long did it take you to get 90%?

Thanks,

Farouk

11. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    My story is entirely different, I was in the ICU for almost a month in a near comatose status so it took 3 years to fight my way back. of course, I wasted alotta time with other docs so that soaked up my time and money too. The final year was with a different doc and thats when I made most of my progress.

12. topghetto

topghetto

London
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I am glad you are alright now though.
    Thank you for the information.

Farouk

13. SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1 SanDiego#1

SouthEast USA

Are you talking about Folic acid Injectiable or oral sub lingual or tab? I take 1ml of Folic injectable with B-12 Cyana- plus B-complex in 1cc syringe and I find it works wonderful if I have the B-Complex with it. Without it it does not work for me. Are you also talking about Solgar oral ? Very interesting as I have been on Cyana for 20 years. American Regent brand. Now I switch from Hydroxy to Cyana. One seems in my case to compliment the other. These are sub q inj.

Interesting
    San Diego

14. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Hi all

I wonder if anyone has an idea on why i feel much better on adenosylcobalamin than hydroxycobalamin?It is hard to describe in which ways specifically i feel better but i feel much better overall and my mood also gets higher.I wonder if i have some defect in converting hydroxy form to adenosyl form and thus have adenosyl form deficiency in body. Thanks.

15. SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1 SanDiego#1

SouthEast USA
    I have no idea- however, I will ask my CFID Physician. I am talking to him next week.
    Great Question. I am taking 3 different one. Hydroxy, Methyl, and Cyana. Alternating.

San Diego#1

16. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Thanks so much!

17. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Hi Adreno,
    I found this post of yours by googling 'head pressure' and 'b12'. I have recently started with first metafolin and then mb12, and since I introduced mb12 I am experiencing an unpleasant pressure around my nose, my eyes, my ears and today a pressure around my throat too. Not painful but simply unpleasant, as if it will burst :) It's worsening in the evening. I have had some light tingling in my feet and hands as well for a couple of days, especially at night, but that has diminished.

I have read page 122 and 123 of this thread but not all those till 133, sorry if this has been addressed in one of the latest pages.
    Could you help me out? Do you remember whether there was anything you changed, the dose for instance, or did you take something additional to make those symptoms go away? Or was time all that was needed?
    Thanks in advance.

PS I am taking potassium too, have increased that a bit this week.

18. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Hi Xara, it's a long time and I don't remember exactly. I do know I was taking too high doses at the time. I don't seem to get the histamine problems anymore, but I am not sure what caused the change.

19. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Em, I don't think I am taking too high doses too... Am i? mB12 2mg a day, potassium 5x 99 mg, metafolin 400mcg/day, and as of today: aB12 2.5 mg/day.
    O well, I'll see how things will develop. Maybe I'll increase the potassium with one or two tablets again one of these days.

Thanks Adreno, appreciated your answer.

20. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    That would be too high doses for some, me included. I take only 1mg methylb12 and no adb12.

See more popular forum discussions.