• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ayurvedic 'second stage trial' success

echobravo

Keep searching, the answer is out there
Thank goodness I was in the hands of a clinician who was not so overly fascinated by his own approach that he could not listen very carefully to my body’s presenting idiosyncrasies.

This definitely sounds like a practitioner to consider for those who have suffered long-term ME, or with severe ME. Could I ask where the clinic is located?

Best wishes for your next round of treatment.

echobravo

Keep searching, the answer is out there
So my question is whether we can separate the effect of the treatment from that of the travel.

It’s a valid point, and it would be great if we could design a controlled study that took the “holiday factors” into account.

Wouldn’t one way to establish this be to treat people in their home cities?

Last edited:
Looks like you can buy 500 ml of panchagavya (the mixture of cow dung, cow urine, etc) online at Amazon India for 300 rupees (about $5). But they are selling it as a plant fertilizer, not for human consumption.
Panchagavya and panchagavya ghritha are different. Panchagavya is a mixture of milk curd, cow urine, cow dung and ghee. It is not good for internal use. Panchagavya ghritha is ghee prepared by adding panchagavya and ghee and boiled for hours, which is good to be consumed

Since you mentioned that you stayed in remission as long as you had these remedies, was it possible to have them sent to you when you ran out?
He is a member but as a member who has never posted he will need to introduce himself in that section--maybe you could explain that.
He will not be able to receive PMs as a new member who hasn't posted.
Hi, I'm here, now your can write me

Hip

Panchagavya and panchagavya ghritha are different. Panchagavya is a mixture of milk curd, cow urine, cow dung and ghee. It is not good for internal use. Panchagavya ghritha is ghee prepared by adding panchagavya and ghee and boiled for hours, which is good to be consume

Thanks for the clarification, Abin.

So is the Ayurvedic treatment given at the Kerala center panchagavya ghrita rather than panchagavya? If so, I guess that would mean all the bacteria in the cow dung have been killed by boiling, so my earlier idea that the panchagavya treatment was a form of fecal transplant (transplanting live bacteria from the cow's intestine to the human intestine) would not be correct.

Last edited:
@Hip @62milestogojoe there are powerful acupuncture points in the forehead, I served as a cobaia for my father, he is a physicianand he was studying acupuncture. He inserted a needle somewhere in my forehead and in a few seconds I achieved a deeply relaxed staté.
Hand manipulation produces a calm, relaxed state but not so deep as the one achieved with acupuncture.

I read a book about a Brazilian woman with MS who went to India, received the same treatment as the one you described and now is leading a normal life.

Dear @jpcv, could you provide me the title and author of the book please (if you recall them)?

Hi, back 3 weeks now from Ayurvedic therapy in India and feeling like I'm back in remission again. Treatment lasted 3 weeks including 1 week detox.

There were some variations in treatment compared to the January session but the basics were the same, nasyam, shirodhara and a mixture of tablets and liquid medicines.

Happy so far with results which enable me to get back to a physical life (swimming, gym and cycling), a mental life (no 'brain fog' or cognitive symptoms) and a working life (back in the lab 2 to 3 days a week).

Must make a correction on the description of the 'panchagavya'...the detox liquid taken for 4 to 5 days. Though it does contain 5 cow products, it also contains 41 different herbal/plant medicines. Detox remained tough but it wasn't so bad this time having been through the process once before.

As in January, I have returned with 3 months of tablets and liquid medicine. Regime remains the same with the exception of a new tablet addition called Activa Forte which contains;bacopa monneri, centella asiatica, celastrus paniculatus, acorus calmus, eletaria cardamomum, emblica officinale, withania somnifera, nardostadya jatamansi and convolvulus pluricaulis.

If you are interested in getting well through this method please check out my earlier posts detailing treatment.

panchagavya gritha, does this product have to be prepared fresh or can you buy it online and do you know what the formulation of the 41 plants is?

Thanks for info.Its great you are doing so well.
I am going asap.
Where did you stay when you did Dr Abin's therapy ? Glad to stay at clinic or anywhere quiet and clean with mozzie net..I am fine with really basic.
Its really incredible the huge change this had made. .Its excellent.
Thank you,
Mc T.

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
Hi
Abin has rooms at the clinic but a cheaper place with mozzie nets is Deuvill hotel, only 2 minutes walk. Will be there in 2 weeks, another PR member arrives today.

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
panchagavya gritha, does this product have to be prepared fresh or can you buy it online and do you know what the formulation of the 41 plants is?
Hi, the detox paste comes in 2 forms as I remember, both can be bought in India but I am not sure about Europe. I'm sorry but I don't have access to a jar with labelling for the plants at the moment. I brought sufficient detox paste to DIY a detox in Spring but trying to replicate the Ayurvedic process is a little difficult since it involves steam box and massage, organic veg and rice is easy enough tho.

I'm flying out for treatment in 2 weeks and will bring back sufficient gritha for a DIY detox next Spring. I will try to remember to note the 41 plants for you. I may have stated them in blog form...have a look. Good luck with your fight with ME.

Thank you for the Hotel name.I hope to will be out soon.Its amazing that this is happening.. It would be wonderful if the people going to Abin for m.e.therapy were the pioneers of the biggest break through in m.e. history.
Hope your family life is less stressful and all travel plans go smoothly.
Take care of yourself
.Mc T.