Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

AYME petition

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by jace, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    Action for Young People with ME (Esther Rantzen, President, Esther Crawley, Medical Advisor) have made this statements:

http://www.ayme.org.uk/article.php?sid=7&id=312

Natch, they are supporting the Lightning Process SMILE trial, lead researcher E. Crawley.

Patients are objecting, via a petition:

Full information here:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/485/900/462/

Please support this action by signing the petition.

2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Thanks jace.

Name and comment added, although I can't see them added to the list of signatories yet.

Actually, I think there might be a bug in the system, because the petition indicates that the last signature was added yesterday, 11th April, at 4.46pm.

3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Bob,

The same thing happened to me on this petition and when I used it before. There are long delays in this petition site.

4. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    oh ok, thanks ukxmrv... I won't worry about it then! :thumbsup:

ETA:
    My name has been added now...

This is what I said in my comment:

"AYME is misleading the public and its members by saying that GET and CBT are 'effective treatments' for CFS patients. The PACE trial concluded that the GET and CBT were only 'moderately effective'. However, when the actual results are analysed more carefully, they show that in fact, GET and CBT are only minimally effective treatments and this is for a selected patient cohort that does not represent patients in the CFS community, as unofficial diagnostic criteria were used to recruit the patients, which included patients who were fatigued due to psychiatric causes. ME patients widely agree that CFS/ME is a biological disease, which is not caused by 'maladaptive illness behaviours'."

5. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Thanks for posting this, have signed.

See more popular forum discussions.