• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Avoidance

Sam7777

I guess I'll ask in here since you guys have the best broad understanding of environmental risks to people trying to do mercury detox.

Well I'm trying really hard not to lose out on staying in this one home. And I've mentioned around, it has contaminated garage fumes in the HVAC. I am fairly certain. I can't rule out mold, but I mean. I react instantly inside Lowe's and I doubt Lowe's is moldy.

So anyways, I'm thinking maybe I can just absolutely remove everything from the garage to naked bare, and put it in a shed away from the house. Make the folks park the car out the garage, then have duct cleaning services done on the inside of the building, and then possibly buy like a 600 dollar hepa filter.

I'm already sleeping on the balcony, and I've already sealed off the air to my room. It's been a rough month and I can hardly process much more research to know how to fix this.

I'm assuming within some degree of understanding how these sorts of contaminations operate, that these fumes have soaked into HVAC components and other permeable things and such. And that's what scares me, but I mean maybe there's some way to clean the HVAC out. I mean I just don't know a lot about this subject.

I know people with mold issues have had some serious endeavors regarding fixing HVAC and such. And I want to try to fix my home. Obviously I have to remove everything from the garage and I have to probably get a HEPA filter....but knowing what I've seen with mold and MCS and CIRS...this is going to be *involved*.

If any of you know anything about this subject and resources or know of a better group to point me to, I'd be greatly appreciative.

vision blue

Can you heat and cool your house some other way and just completely bypass the hvac system?

And would disconnecting the garage vents from the system help?