1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. SickOfSickness

    SickOfSickness Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,843
    Likes:
    923
    US
    I read this: "
    Never cover drywall with wallpaper, because it contains cellulose that mold can feed on, and thereby elevates your mildew and mold risk."

    First I heard of these paints. "You can find mildew resistant paints at paint supply stores, as well as at
    home supply stores. The label should contain the words “mildew resistant,” “mold resistant” or “mildewcide” in plain sight."
    But I want low odor, less chemical paint and there may not be low odor plus mildew resistant.
  2. slayadragon

    slayadragon Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,091
    Likes:
    378
    twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    Mold mutates readily and evolves quickly. And from what I have heard, there are certain kinds of mold that can live perfectly happily on mold-resistant paint.

    Those would be pretty weird molds, I would think -- meaning ones that our bodies might not be adapted to tolerate. It might be that those molds create particularly bad toxins for us, therefore.

    As a general rule, my experience has been that the in environments where no manmade chemicals are present, I always feel good, mold or no mold. The mold that bothers me apparently only becomes a problem in environments that are toxic in terms of chemicals.

    More potent manmade chemicals seem to create really potent molds too.

    So based on my experience, I would be inclined to totally skip the "mold-free" aspect with regard to the paint, and instead choose the most inoffensive, non-toxic paint I could find.

    Best, Lisa
    SickOfSickness likes this.
  3. L'engle

    L'engle moderate ME

    Messages:
    951
    Likes:
    420
    Canada
    A friend painted the interior of a door in a damp room with mold resistant paint. Not sure why but it actually caused more mildew to accumulate. He was careful to clean the mildew off the door thoroughly before painting it.
    slayadragon likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page