Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Aileen, Dec 3, 2012.
I like your tally, Nielk, but as far as I can see their website seems to show us in 14th place....
I got the info from the Facebook fundraising group. I hope it's correct.
I was just told that this info was wrong. Sorry. I was so excited when I read it that I wanted to share right away.
Here is the update from Day 4. (end of yesterday's voting - midnight ET)
We are still 14th. We did make up the 160 votes that we lost from day 2 to day 3. BUT ... we need MANY more votes if we want to make it to the finals
Unfortunately, the projects in places 11 - 13 all got more votes today that we did and only 1 of the projects in places 1 - 10 got (9) fewer votes than us. We really must get more votes each day. Has everyone contacted friends and family members who might vote? Somewhere there are instructions for voting that can be copied and pasted. I think they are in the other thread about this contest.
Are people using their extra votes? Be sure to use them in one of the other divisions. You wouldn’t want to vote for someone that wound up beating us. If you haven’t had time to look through the projects and find one that you like, may I suggest the wheelchair accessible bus for the senior long-term care facility http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf13407 .
The last three days when I voted the tally went up more than one vote, the first day four votes and the last two days, two.
4652 at the moment.
I checked how the organisations grow up. after 33 hours - we are in the 14 th place but from the first 15 organisations we did the smallest move. We need at least 500 votes more. Here are the results:
1. Undercurrent Youth Centre – 8785 (+3249)
2. Riehl skate park – 8449 (+2771)
3. Une vraie cour d'école pour ados! – 8384 (+2921)
4. Fighting for Healthy, Affordable Food in North End Halifax - 7852 (+2732)
5. Stay Strong Nick Roma 7074 (+2612)
6. Nouveau gymnase pour notre club de gymnastique Les Hirondelles – 6905 (+2423)
7. Exoskeleton for Trevor Greene, Canadian Veteran – 6878 (+2099)
8. Harder-4-Carter: The Carter Antila Memorial SkatePark – 6655 (+2445)
9. Projet Paradis / Paradis Project – 5804 (+2312)
10. Non-profit Companion Animal Hospital & Shelter – 5741 (+1865)
11. Castle Park's "Play for ALL", universally accessible playground – 5719 (+1952)
12. Un préau pour L'École des Enfants-de-la-Terre – 5681 (+2124)
13. The Power of Play - A Barrier Free Playground – 5398 (+2069)
14. Medical equipment for a new chronic diseases clinic in Vancouver – 5222 (+1702)
15. Vera M. Welsh & community of Lac La Biche needs a new playground 4840 (+1903)
16. Sensory Therapy Room for kids at Lutherwood 4595 (+1570)
17. Building Change -A New Shelter for the RCSPCA 4393 (+1442)
18. Sports for all 4328 (+1426)
19. Valley Park Go Green Cricket Field Project - Let There Be Lights 4164 (+1281)
20. Volunteering to Independence Program "the Katimavik VIP program" 4162 (+1444)
It´s possible to find 500 votes more but everyone has to try to find someone and also we should try to find some other strategies so all suggestions are welcome
Thanks for doing this, Tuha.
Is someone in touch with Robert Miller? He did some ME/CFS campaigns following by many ME/CFS patients. I think he has a mailing list of a lot of patients. Maybe it´s worth to contact him and to ask him to send the poster about aviva contest with 2-3 encouraging sentences from him to the patients on the mailing list. I would do it allone but I think I saw somewhere his appologies that he doesnt answer a lot to the people who he doesnt know because he gets a lot of messages. So maybe we could reach him easier if someone is in tuch with him. So please, if you know him and you would like to contact him with this subject just let me know - if there wont be anyone within next 2-3 hours I will do it by myself
What is the purpose/gain of using the Extra Vote? I did not even know there was such a thing.
The only 'gain' is to help someone else out and not 'waste' votes. You get 15 votes and you can give a maximum of 10 to one project, so that leaves 5 extra.
If you are on Facebook, you might be able to arrange to trade votes with someone. They would vote for us and you would vote for them.
Didn't realize that thanks for the clarification.
Maybe you could get some extra votes by people who wish to vote to go to the face book page of "7. Exoskeleton for Trevor Greene, Canadian Veteran – 6878 (+2099)" and communicate with others there and agree to give those there the 5 extra votes if people give us their 5 extra. I dont think we would be seen as a threat to them as we are too far behind them.. and I dont think we could catch up to them either.
Would one of the other groups in the compo.. or even a couple of them help us?
Tell those Lymies we arent asking for their blood but a clinic will help many.
Hi, tania. A few days ago someone in the Facebook fundraising group brought up the idea of trading those extra votes with an organization in the medium or small category and not a competitor of CCDC, which is in the large category. I will check if the group chose an organization to swap votes with. Seems like someone asked if doing that would be against contest rules.
Looks like the CCDC is in 13th place. The graph shows a jump in votes yesterday. CCDC has 3611 supporters. I'm impressed with that number -- more participants than in previous contests. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
Hi, Tuha. I don't know Bob Miller, but I do have the address of someone who has worked with him on advocacy projects, Denise at "Speak Up About ME," and I've just emailed her about the need for votes for CCDC, with a link to Sasha's article, and asked if she'd pass on the information to her contacts.
taniaaust1, no one has responded to my questions at the Facebook ME (ME/CFS) Fundraising Group about vote-swapping, so use your own judgment. Thanks.
You can also try a Google Site Search
Separate names with a comma.