• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aviva contest semi-finals (for $150,000)

Aileen

The contest has begun. You need to get your vote in before midnight Eastern Time tonight or you'll lose the first day's vote.

We need to be in the top 10 in our category (large) in order to make it into the finals. All finalists will receive $5,000 guaranteed.

We are currently back in 14th place. Standings are changing rapidly. Here are some select standings:
1. Healthy food, Halifax - 1154
2. Undercurrent Youth Centre - 1021
3. Riehl Skate Park - 969

10. High school sports field - 694
11. Projet Paradis - 684
12. Castle Park playground - 623
13. Animal shelter RCSPCA - 607
14. Medical equipment - 595
15. Sackville play park - 586
16. Power of Play - 583

snowathlete

I just voted. It was easy. If I can do it so can just about anyone!
So of you reading this then vote and then tell us here so that this thread gets lots of attension!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Registering requires an e-mail address and a password. They are not asking for your password to the e-mail account that you use to register. They want a password you will use, along with the the e-mail address, to sign in to vote.

Aileen

We were Merry. But we've fallen several places to 15th. :eek: The good news is that we are only 29 votes behind 12th place so we can retake that place if we try. More people have to start voting though.

We did not have a great start yesterday. Only 947 votes compared to the first place project, a local skate park, which received 1873! Obviously they want the money. How badly do we want that biobank?

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Thanks Aileen for the figures. Do you remember when you saw the 947 vote count? Apparently they cut off the day at Midnight EST (Aviva time), was your count close to Midnight? It was kind of a screwy first day as it wasn't a full 24 hours. I agree the competition is strong - it's probably the toughest that we have ever seen in a contest, we really need twice as many voters to really have a chance.

I think we will do better today with an entire 24 hours to vote, we really get help in the overnight from international voters.

Aileen

It was right at midnight. I actually put the entire list and vote counts down on a spreadsheet and, health permitting, intend to do this each night at midnight. They just list cumulative vote totals, so you have to take the count at the same time each night and subtract Day 1 from Day 2 to see how many votes you got on Day 2 and so on. This way we can see who is moving up and down and how fast also. Let's hope I don't go down with a migraine. :rolleyes:

Aileen

Here are the results from the first 2 days of voting for our entire category. I took the figures at midnight, which is when the "day" changes. Oh good it worked. It shows our place (according to Aviva) at the end of Day 1, name of project, total votes after day 1, place according to aviva after day 2, total votes on day 2 (days 1+2), day 2 votes only, how we ranked today (based on today's numbers only)

Attachments

• Aviva_semi-final_results.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 14

Kati

Patient in training
A lot of the support groups are ME and FM, but some large groups exist for FM only on Facebook which I do not have access anymore. The Lyme community is activated. Their situation is difficult because a lot of them do not want to give their blood for research, as they do not trust the research.

image.jpg