• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Avemar cures Cancer??

Hi, I was browsing an online pharmacy looking for herpes viruses therapies, when I found this:

http://www.my-lifespan.com/avemarimmunebooster.html

This product, called Avemar, boasts that it can help curing cancer by stimulating immune systems, it literally says:

"As compared to the control group, where survival rate was 57.7%, in the group receiving Avemar® survival rate reached 83.3%. No side effects were observed"

Is that true? Anybody else can tell me something about that? Do that thing cure CANCER? Why do people do not use it if it's true?

caledonia

I heard of this from my naturopath. The story they told me was they had a cancer patient who was near death and he started taking Avemar. He starting gaining weight and was able to go back to a normal life for two years. Unfortunately, the cancer reoccurred and he died, but he got two good years of extra life.

I had my mom taking this stuff towards the end. She was extremely underweight and her taste was off from chemo. So she was only doing partial doses because she didn't like the taste. Even with partial doses, it kept her from losing more weight while she was on it. However, she was at the point where she was ready to go, so she quit taking it. She starting losing weight rapidly after that.

Anyway, the point about the weight gain and loss is that the supplement blocks the rapid weight loss that cancer causes. My naturopath said that the cancer per se doesn't kill you, it's how it steals nutrients from you body and causes weight loss. So this supplement blocks that process.

You should know in a month if it's going to work. That's one box - so I say it's worth a shot...

I'm very sorry for your mom... fortunately I've got no relatives with cancer, I was just wondering if that prescription worked actually, as I've always heard about "alternative therapy" but I usually shunned it as non-scientific crap to profit on other people diseases.

Thank you very, very much for sharing your story with me, it was really moving, and I do really hope more people hear about this drug if it's really so effective, as it may save, or at least give some hope by letting them... feel better at least for a while.

leokitten

As a cancer biologist it totally DISGUSTS me when I see this kind of crap, greed is a terrible thing and we see almost every day how it turns people, companies, etc. evil.

Cancer is a very complex disease that I apologize, will not be cured by some magic bullet supplement, EVER. Yes maybe some supplements might aid in prophylaxis or disease modification in early cancer, but I highly doubt there will ever be some OTC supplement that you take to cure you of your already existing cancer.