1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Autonomic dysfunction: A unifying multiple sclerosis theory, linking chronic cerebrospinal venous in

Discussion in 'Multiple Sclerosis' started by est_sunshine, Dec 4, 2012.

1. est_sunshine

est_sunshine

Merry, Enid and Sasha like this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    That's brilliant - thanks for posting est_sunshine - it certainly ties in with my own abnormal test results (inc brain MRI) including the Neurologist's strong suspicion of MS, viral in origin too (EBV from weak anti-smooth muscle antibodies). Such similar processes going on.

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Vit D3 is less certain in us, but there is strong evidence of EBV involvement, albeit in a variant way to most people. There is some chance that this model might apply to ME. It would require a lot of extra evidence though in order to show that, but then again its so new for MS that I doubt its been substantially tested yet - those studies are still in the future.

This article is behind a paywall so I have not read the full paper.

See more popular forum discussions.