1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Autoimmunity Publications

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by KFG, Nov 11, 2011.

1. KFG

KFG

Sorry if this kind of thread has been started elsewhere - the Mods can merge/delete as appropriate.

The immune system : I don't find this an easy area to get into at all.

I'm assuming there are others out there in a similar predicament. If that's the case, then I draw your attention to this review on Autoimmunity mechanisms :http://www.cell.com/retrieve/pii/S0092867407008380
    Just click on "PDF".
    For some reason this author has written the paper in a way which has made this the most readable paper I've yet read with respect to Autoimmunity. Just a word of caution - it's from 2007, and four years seems to be a long time in Immunology. I think it's an excellent start though.

If people find this helpful I could occasionally flag up other particularly accessible papers, and I'd appreciate it if others would do this too. Assuming this does not cause any particular Forum issues of course. Autoimmunity does seems a particularly hot topic at the moment.
    Waverunner likes this.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Thanks, appreciate the effort.

GG
  3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for posting KFG - very interesting even to a non-scientist - good to see much work going into unravelling autoimmunity too.
  4. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    I would be very grateful for it. I know next to nothing about autoimmunity and am still unable to read dense technical material. I would greatly appreciate anyone's effort to point out accessible papers.
  5. currer

currer Senior Member

Thanks KFG
    Useful and interesting to read.
  6. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
  7. currer

currer Senior Member

I would like an autoimmunity section even though I support the XMRV hypothesis.

The medical research sections are a very useful resource.
  8. voner

voner Senior Member

///////////////

KFG -- thanks a lot. That combined with reading CORT's article on autoimmunity and ME/cfs is intriguing........ it is so wonderful to get references/information etc. from a forum like this rather than having to try the search it out by yourself. I am with you -- if anybody else has other assessable papers they find noteworthy -- please post them!!

I am wondering if anybody has any information on the details those Dr. Suzanne Vernon's autoimmunity related application to the NIH???

CORT??
  9. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France

See more popular forum discussions.