• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoimmunity Publications

KFG

Sorry if this kind of thread has been started elsewhere - the Mods can merge/delete as appropriate.

The immune system : I don't find this an easy area to get into at all.

I'm assuming there are others out there in a similar predicament. If that's the case, then I draw your attention to this review on Autoimmunity mechanisms :http://www.cell.com/retrieve/pii/S0092867407008380
Just click on "PDF".
For some reason this author has written the paper in a way which has made this the most readable paper I've yet read with respect to Autoimmunity. Just a word of caution - it's from 2007, and four years seems to be a long time in Immunology. I think it's an excellent start though.

If people find this helpful I could occasionally flag up other particularly accessible papers, and I'd appreciate it if others would do this too. Assuming this does not cause any particular Forum issues of course. Autoimmunity does seems a particularly hot topic at the moment.

Enid

Thanks for posting KFG - very interesting even to a non-scientist - good to see much work going into unravelling autoimmunity too.

SOC

If people find this helpful I could occasionally flag up other particularly accessible papers, and I'd appreciate it if others would do this too. Assuming this does not cause any particular Forum issues of course. Autoimmunity does seems a particularly hot topic at the moment.

I would be very grateful for it. I know next to nothing about autoimmunity and am still unable to read dense technical material. I would greatly appreciate anyone's effort to point out accessible papers.

currer

I would like an autoimmunity section even though I support the XMRV hypothesis.

The medical research sections are a very useful resource.

voner

Sorry if this kind of thread has been started elsewhere - the Mods can merge/delete as appropriate.

The immune system : I don't find this an easy area to get into at all.

I'm assuming there are others out there in a similar predicament. If that's the case, then I draw your attention to this review on Autoimmunity mechanisms : http://www.cell.com/retrieve/pii/S0092867407008380

///////////////

KFG -- thanks a lot. That combined with reading CORT's article on autoimmunity and ME/cfs is intriguing........ it is so wonderful to get references/information etc. from a forum like this rather than having to try the search it out by yourself. I am with you -- if anybody else has other assessable papers they find noteworthy -- please post them!!

I am wondering if anybody has any information on the details those Dr. Suzanne Vernon's autoimmunity related application to the NIH???

CORT??