1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Autoimmunity and the Gut

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by daisybell, Jul 30, 2014.

1. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Blah another reason I hate being on antibiotics, great article though lol.
  3. voner

voner Senior Member

Hey,

I downloaded this paper and noticed that the author did not have any medical credentials and then I googled the address listed as his business address and got nothing. With a little bit more googling I found that the author apparently had his medical license revoked in Texas. ...

http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/campbell/complaint.shtml

I have not read the article yet, so I can't comment on its contents. Might be a well-written valid article.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    There are a lot of people that mentioned similar things though, some of it I found questionable since it was all alternative health medicine people, or the ones about nutrition that blame bad diet for every disease in the world. Got a leaky gut and bad genetics? Well then I got some bad news for ya.. I don't think it accurately paints a whole picture at all. Though I do believe gut dysbiosis and permiability can be a co factor in many different diseases and is something helpful for fixing for anyone. Just don't blame every single disease on the planet on one single co factor alone, this is more about me venting then this article though lol.
  5. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    I've read some of it and didn't find it so interesting. I didn't find it particularly substantial, in terms of its analysis, and I didn't find it informative in terms of enlightening me about the latest biomedical research, and there's not really any info in it that excited me. It's a sort of review about potential environmental triggers. Not a useless paper but it mainly seems to include lots of speculation about possible environmental triggers for autoimmunity, without really getting into details about the mechanisms behind the relationship between the environment and the immune system. It doesn't really contain anything in it that I haven't read before. Disappointing overall.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    natasa778 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.