• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoimmunity and the Gut

voner

Hey,

I downloaded this paper and noticed that the author did not have any medical credentials and then I googled the address listed as his business address and got nothing. With a little bit more googling I found that the author apparently had his medical license revoked in Texas. ...

http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/campbell/complaint.shtml

I have not read the article yet, so I can't comment on its contents. Might be a well-written valid article.

Last edited:

Martial

There are a lot of people that mentioned similar things though, some of it I found questionable since it was all alternative health medicine people, or the ones about nutrition that blame bad diet for every disease in the world. Got a leaky gut and bad genetics? Well then I got some bad news for ya.. I don't think it accurately paints a whole picture at all. Though I do believe gut dysbiosis and permiability can be a co factor in many different diseases and is something helpful for fixing for anyone. Just don't blame every single disease on the planet on one single co factor alone, this is more about me venting then this article though lol.

Bob

I've read some of it and didn't find it so interesting. I didn't find it particularly substantial, in terms of its analysis, and I didn't find it informative in terms of enlightening me about the latest biomedical research, and there's not really any info in it that excited me. It's a sort of review about potential environmental triggers. Not a useless paper but it mainly seems to include lots of speculation about possible environmental triggers for autoimmunity, without really getting into details about the mechanisms behind the relationship between the environment and the immune system. It doesn't really contain anything in it that I haven't read before. Disappointing overall.

Last edited: