• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

autoimmune treatment vs parasite issues

xrayspex

Hey I am perplexed...while researching parasites I came upon research regarding using helminthic therapy to treat autoimmune issues---the thinking is that parasites originally served a purpose and part of reason for explosion of AI issues in N.A. etc is because we live too pristine of a life. They use hookworms and whipworms for treatment! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy

What I don't understand then is why plaquenil is also used for AI issues and is an antimalarial. I have found it interesting that its quietly used without any big explanation of why they are killing bugs for the treatment of lupus or sjogrens etc or ms...

kill the bugs or keep the bugs? which way do we go? or somehow do both.......!! you know when you have those moments where every thing you thought you knew was wrong.

xchocoholic

lol .. Yes. I have those moments when everything I think I knew was wrong.

I'm researching and treating for parasites now and saw the info on helminth treatments too. Fwiw, I have a freind who did this, it's
supposedly very expensive, and she didn't see any improvements.

I'm beginning to think that patients need to
be wary of treatments that sound like one trick wonder cures. Even then tho, we needn't settle for the "I don't
know" answers we keep hearing from traditional medicine.

I'm working on killing off the cod worms I saw in my stool about 2 weeks ago and the ones that showed
up on my metametrix tests. We know they have to go .. Tc .. X