1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Autoimmune Paleo protocol

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by alexa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. alexa

alexa

I have struggled with My leaky gut for many years, trying everything. Now i have started the autoimmune paleo diet... It has only been à week so this might be to early, but i have not gotten these kinds of results before. The AIP is strick, but we are used to weird food right :)

I Will not outline the diet here, Google autoimmune paleo to get the protocol and the science behind. I am à patient of KDM and he always talks about this disease being an autoimmune disorder, and this diet is made for autoimmunity. Bascially it is paleo with more restrictions such as eggs, nuts ans seeds, and nightshades.

My brain fog is clearer than in years, My muscles feel less heavy and My tummy is flatter.

Has anyone else tried this diet?
  2. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Yeah and it didn´t help. It was too restrictive and that coupled with my neurological problems, pains and fatigue meant at the end of the day that I was undereating. Because with these diets making and buying the food is harder, at least for me anyway. I have settled now in something less grievous, I eat potatoes, grains etc but everything natural and avoiding tomatoes, milk, gluten, nuts most of the week etc.
    xchocoholic and aimossy like this.
  3. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Please let me know how this progresses.

I did the same thing and had big hopes initially as I felt an improvement to begin with but it didn't keep progressing.
  4. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    This is close to what I've been doing for 2 months (Wahls paleo), and I've had good results. I drink occasional water process decaf coffee, occasional cocoa, and I eat nuts and seeds. So that will be my next experiment - seeing what happens when I remove those.

After Christmas! I share Beyond's problem, that I risk under-eating when I change too much all at once. I'm depending on nuts for added protein at the moment, and I just like the taste of coffee and cocoa.
    xchocoholic likes this.
  5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. anyone else doing autoimmune paleo? I purchase the autoimmune paleo e-cookbook and it is very good.

I also noticed improvements in the beginning but they did not last. in general, I do feel less fatigued after eating, after having given up gluten.

I am still having some dairy; tests indicate I can have casein but not lactose. also, i still have corn and potatoes. i just recently gave up tomatoes...it is very hard! i wonder if i have to go this far, or if i can just follow the food testing KDM gave me, which is much less restrictive.

by the way, did you guys know there were Lactase Enzyme drops you can use in your dairy foods that will convert most of the lactose into glucose? you can make your own lactose-free milk!
  6. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    I got Ballantyne's autoimmune paleo book and got half way through it so far. That + her website (http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol) is where I get my information.

My foundation is still the strict version of Wahls, because I like her attention to micronutrients. I absolutely feel better when I avoid grains, legumes, dairy, and sugar. I can't eat nightshades, so potatoes are also out. This brings me very close to the autoimmune protocol. I eat some nuts every day, which Ballantyne allows if you're not allergic.

What's happened is that I'm finally used to not eating baked goods. Once in a while I'll eat a handful of GF crackers, or very rarely some gluten-free birthday cake. But I'm finally done with baking with substitutes for wheat. So the big shift is no grains or legumes, and making up the difference with a lot more colorful vegetables and fruits.

I cycle in and out of this diet - it's still hard for me to stick to. But when I'm successful, it only takes a few days for my brain fog to clear, for my driving range to increase, for my couch time to nosedive. I just spent a week at my mom's house taking care of her after a knee replacement. It was hard, and I'm tired, but the amazing thing is that I could do it...and not crash when I got home today.
    xchocoholic likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.