• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoantibodies research in POTS: promising or not?

Violeta

Lately I have had histamine issues... very uncomfortable. Have any of you had this? Would this be a sign of autoimmune pots?

Also, if anyone can find out how histamine and adrenergic receptors relate, maybe we could see how it becomes an issue for us. And bonus points for whoever can explain it. I will always think the vaccine I had three years ago caused a difference in my immune system. It definitely has been amped up, I see a direct correlation. I haven't been the same since.

I can't answer the specific question, but I have seen info about vaccinations causing an immune system shift which leaves the body open for pathogens and parasites. Pathogens such as Lyme can cause mast cell degranulation, the LPS is involved in that.

What type of vaccination did you get?

Last edited:

sillysocks84

Hi.

If you have verified histamine release with it's hallmark symptoms and (very hard to measure unless blood is taken in a flare up in ER). then you might want to look into Mast Cell Activation. Also, out of interest, if you have signs of allergy, have you measured your IgE? (Non specific Allergy marker).

Here's a few links:

Hyperadrenergic Postural Tachycardia Syndrome in Mast Cell Activation Disorders
http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/45/3/385.full

A New Disease Cluster: Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(14)02927-3/abstract

An interesting blog to read....
http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/blog/wordpress/a-tale-of-two-syndromes-pots-and-mcas/
I am seeing an allergist for a consult in Nov. The earliest I could get ... I am wondering how to even talk to him. And how to make sure he will take me seriously and order the correct tests. I started noticing my throat reacts to onions and garlic is why I originally set the appointment.

Then I started linking it with my other symptoms that I recently read could be related to histamine. I have had achy joints and fatigue among other symptoms starting in 2012. Then was pregnant and symptoms did not return until fall 2014.

I never know the extent of info to give docs. Most of the time, even though they verify high heart rate they think I need anxiety meds. Which I don't. Any of my friends know I am actually laid back. The only thing setting off anxiety is when I get a new symptom.

I will look at those links when my son lays down for nap, thanks!

sillysocks84

I can't answer the specific question, but I have seen info about vaccinations causing an immune system shift which leaves the body open for pathogens and parasites. Pathogens such as Lyme can cause mast cell degranulation, the LPS is involved in that.

What type of vaccination did you get?
I had the Dtap. Diptheria, pertussis and tetanus combined.