1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Authors suffering from CFS/ME

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Dr.Patient, Jul 10, 2014.

1. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Nasim Marie Jafry - 'The State Of ME' which is a loosely autobiographical novel.

She was nominated for the Scottish Asian Womans award this year, but had to pull out from the interview process due to ill health.

More here:
    http://velo-gubbed-legs.blogspot.co.uk/

Dr.Patient likes this.
  2. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years First Do No Harm

USA
    ProHealth just came out with a list of celebrities with ME/CFS:
    http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=19057&B1=EM071614C

The author of the article, Erica Verrillo, is herself an author.
    Here are the celebrities:

Laura Hillenbrand, Author
    Keith Jarrett, Musician
    Michelle Akers, Athlete
    Blake Edwards, Film Producer/Director/Screenwriter
    Randy Newman, Composer/Singer/Pianist
    Mama Chill, Rap Artist
    Cher, Actress/Singer
    John Rutter, Composer
    Michael Crawford, Actor/Singer
    Leigh Hatcher, Journalist/Author

I realize some of these people have already been named; the article has more in-depth information on each celebrity if you want to read more about them.

Dr.Patient likes this.
  3. Jheldt

Jheldt

Pacific Northwest
    Does writing articles count? I plan on writing an ebook/book in the future but just write articles now?

4. Dr.Patient

Dr.Patient There is no kinship like the one we share!

USA
    No, just books now...sorry...

5. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX
    "Cher was diagnosed with Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME)/chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) in 1991. ME/CFS is a severe illness that can lead to symptoms that affect the brain and gastrointestinal, immune, and cardiac systems."

I was just reading on some celebrity (tabloid BS) website about people with chronic illnesses. I found this description of ME/CFS with Cher very interesting. They call it ME, they call it severe, and they say it is a multiple systems illness. This just from some crummy celebrity paparazzi website.

Does this show an evolution of perception over the years?

See more popular forum discussions.