• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australian Pharmacist Rituximab for chronic fatigue syndrome (December 2015)

Dolphin

Source: Australian Pharmacist
December 2015, pp. 36-37

Rituximab for chronic fatigue syndrome?
---------------------------------------
Nissen, Lisa & Lau, Esther

Abstract

Most people complain about being tired and wish they could sleep in for
a few more hours instead of going to work. However, 'being tired' has a
whole different meaning for people living with chronic fatigue syndrome,
which is also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis.

--------
(c) 2016 Pharmaceutical Society of Australia

http://eprints.qut.edu.au/91891/1/2015 rituximab for chronic fatigue syndrome.pdf

taniaaust1

I wonder if I could of helped get this article off. I gate crashed a big bi yearly australian medical conference where 100s of doctors and pharmacists attend and protested over the lack of ME/CFS presentation at such medical conferences.

I had a sign up at this saying "Rituximab for CFS?", my attempts to bring these findings to the Aussie medical community. That would of been about late 2004??? I cant remember but before this article was done anyway. Maybe someone there did pay heed to my protest, the Rituximab for ME/CFS" sign did have a lot of doctors raising thier eyebrows.

(I also planted info on ME/CFS with references and things around this at that conference. It's a great thought to think that my huge effort may of done something and brought it to others attention as I was sick to follow up with conference organisers who broached me during the protest).

Last edited:
Hello. I am not an active user on this site.....just joined up. Anyway we are from Australia and my wife is 50 percent through the ritixamab treatment via private treatment in Norway. My email address is Shaun.obrien@mail.com and we are going to be trying to find treatment option in Asia and Australia. In Norway it is very easy to get this treatment although there are some risks and cost of course and it is not proved. Nevertheless people can chose it as an option and that is what my wife has done. If any one knows how to get the ritixamab and get the treatment in Oz or Asia please let me know. It is a very simple infusion and we just get it from the pharmacy and have it applied.Sadly it is just paperwork that stops it else where.

It is nice to actually have something easy with ME for a change. Anyway there are risk and cost and I am not interesting in discussing this, had enough battles and essays written to insurance company to be over it. And also to understand sadly the reality of society and medical funding.

Will let you know what I find out . You are a strong person for doing what you did and well done.

If other smart people developed an app to log cost to society and all the members joined it and logged then you could have a running cost maybe, but unlikely force government to take it more seriously.

Btw they use for joint pain and cancer of course. As you know.

CCC

It can be so frustrating being in Australia sometimes.

Where in Australia are you?