• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australia - govt survey on chronic conditions

GcMAF Australia

Who's a senate MP I could send something to if I get around to it, who would be best?. I think its very important to try to push things at this time the issues out there around chronic illness (not just lyme but any uncommon severe chronic illness), I'd like to tell one I went to jail due to unmet disability support needs.
I shall help with this tania
I shall get some contacts for you
afternoon
You deserve better than the crap that you have had to put up with
cheers

Hutan

Sorry @taniaaust1, I should have remembered that you would have a good perspective and alerted you. I hope you can tell your story. Thanks to GcMAF for finding contacts. Also, maybe your local senator would be a good person to talk with.

GcMAF Australia

Maybe we all should send messages
The Lyme community group (LDAA) sent out green postcards to the GPs of the members
I think maybe 20,000
This caught on and hence around 40 MPs are in the loop
We could even send letters say in Blue
Just type an A4 page and then fold and tape
and post to MPs

GcMAF Australia

Here is 1 reply I obtained from the SA minister for Health

On 13 Jul 2015 3:43 pm, Health:Minister for Health wrote:
Dear Dr Hooper,

Thank you for your email. Please can you provide some further details about this matter, so that your concerns can be appropriately responded to.

Kind regards,

Office of the Hon. Jack Snelling M.P.

Minister for Health

Minister for Mental Health and Substance Abuse

Minister for the Arts

Minister for Defence Industries

Minister for Health Industries

Leader of Government Business

Phone: 08 8463 6270 | Fax: 08 8463 6277 | Email: minister.health@health.sa.gov.au |
Standing Committee on Community Affairs senator.siewert@aph.gov.au

GcMAF Australia

Here is the next email from the SA health Minister

Dear Dr Hooper,

Thank you for your email.

In order for your concerns about Ms Tania Seth’s treatment in the public health system to be investigated, please can you provide some further details, such as the treatment she was receiving, the public health services involved in her care, and your specific concerns about how this service could have been improved.

Please note, before any personal information about Ms Seth’s medical treatment can be provided to you, her written consent may be required.

Once you have provided further details so that your concerns can be investigated, you will be contacted by the health service involved in Ms Seth’s care if such consent is required.

SA Health will not release personal health information about an individual to a third party without appropriate consent.

Kind regards,

Office of the Hon. Jack Snelling M.P.

Minister for Health

Minister for Mental Health and Substance Abuse

Minister for the Arts

Minister for Health Industries

Leader of Government Business

GcMAF Australia

The Lyme Association submission to the Australian Senate Chronic disease committee is attached

Attachments

• Sub085 Lyme Disease Association of Australia.pdf
    207.4 KB · Views: 7