• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

austerity: article in Newstatesman

Richard7

Hi

I Just read this article on the Newstatesman's website and I know it is kind of old news to the UK members but I rather enjoyed it.

"Jenny Tomlinson, 24, hasn’t eaten in two days. She has fibromyalgia, a painful chronic illness that means she can’t leave the house, and feeds herself by online shopping “when [she] can afford it”, but after paying her electric and council tax, her benefits have run out. She’s been waiting six months for an assessment for the new care and mobility support, Personal Independence Payments (PIP), and her disability unemployment benefit, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), won’t go into her bank account for three days.

“I’m out of food now,” she says. “My cupboards are empty, bar a handful of pasta and half a bag of chips in the freezer. There isn’t anything I can do.”

There’s a food bank in Jenny’s town now but she won’t be able to use it. Because she’s unable to get out of bed, she can’t get to the Citizen’s Advice centre that gives out the voucher she needs."

the rest can be read here
http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...on-becoming-normalised-don-t-vote-any-more-it

SilverbladeTE

And has been proven and known by anyone with an actual clue, Austerity is a LIE based on bullshit pseudo-economics

and oh don't I know the issues
My one hope is we see the back of those Westminster perverts, traitors and warmongers today, ALBA GU BRATH!
Unilateral Declaration of Independence and we can pee on "Westmonster" :p

Sooner folk in West/North England break away the better for them, as they have the option between Tory slaughter and Tory Lite Slaughter as the two main parties still drive for austerity and kill the poor.
I'm all for rebuilding Hadrian's wall, South of Liverpool due south form there and another East to the North Sea ;)
If the South East is happy to vote for greed and racism, pfft, let 'em rot.

The Labour party began in my county, my folks knew and worked with Keir Hardy, he'd be rolling in his grave at the likes of that spineless sleek Milliband, ugh