1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Aus: Chronic Fatigue study to examine benefits of exercise

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, May 14, 2013.

1. Artstu

Artstu Senior Member

UK
    I'd participate as well if they paid for me to get there and housed and fed me for the duration. I have a feeling I'd cost a bit too much.

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    alex3619 - Dr Enlander in NY seems to be working on something similar - he took a bit of a pop at the PACE trial (if memory serves) from the floor at the FDA meeting on Day One. It's summarised here:

http://phoenixrising.me/archives/16854
    Derek Enlander [Timestamp 82:08 – 84:05]

With a million dollar grant from a patient, Dr. Derek Enlander started the ME/CFS Center at Mt. Sinai in New York. Their first project is to prove whether GET was appropriate for this disease. They expect to look at 150 patients and 150 controls, researching PEM. They are looking at all cytokines and immune markers. With Dr. Eric Schadt, a well known geneticist, on board, they are looking at genetic studies comparing ME/CFS patients to healthy controls. They already have a series of 39 page genome studies on their first patients.

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.