The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(Auf Deutsch) German language blog on PACE Trial (Oct 31)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Valentijn, Woolie, Sean and 2 others like this.
  2. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Thanks. That is a brilliant, and important, article.

My rough translation of the final paragraph:

The big problem in Germany is that CFS is classified in social service guidelines as a mental illness / depression, I know quite a few people who have been unable to continue working with CFS, but before they could get a disability pension they were forced to undergo GET, which made their health a lot worse, and then had to accept a diagnosis of depression to get the money they needed. And even that takes three rounds in court. I'll be spreading that article over here.

Valentijn, Sidereal, Woolie and 6 others like this.
  3. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    Good article. Basically points out all the flaws of the PACE trial. Great to see this story being told in different languages. I loved the beginning (liberal translation to English)
    Author is a fellow patient (severe). She's on twitter: https://twitter.com/XIxMelaniexIX

mango, Helen, Valentijn and 6 others like this.
  4. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Sent link to this article and link to petition to Fatigatio, the German CFS organisation, suggesting they distribute both to all members. See if anything happens.

Dolphin, mango, Effi and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.