1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Audio: Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (2013) December Webinar Recording Available

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by ggingues, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Ergonomics is the science of designing a person's environment to Many people with fibromyalgia and ME(cfs) experience problems with the group of muscles in the lower pelvic area and develop a condition called pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD). You might have a poor urine stream, feel the need to push or bear down to urinate or have painful intercourse. Treating PFD may be very helpful in reducing symptoms and pain.

The "pelvic floor" refers to a group of muscles that attach to the front, back, and sides of the pelvic bone and sacrum. These muscles support the organs in the pelvis, including the bladder, uterus or prostate, and rectum. They also wrap around the urethra, rectum, and vagina (in women).

Coordinated contracting and relaxing of these muscles controls bowel and bladder functions--the pelvic floor must relax to allow for urination, bowel movements, and, in women, sexual intercourse.

Having worked with pelvic floor patients for 15 years, Lynne will be exploring the following topics in the webinar:

Pelvic Floor Pain

Pelvic Floor/Core Weakness

Urinary and Fecal Incontinence

Urinary Urgency

Pregnancy Related Pelvic Floor Issues

Constipation

Painful Intercourse (Dysparunia)

About Lynne Marshall-Brook, MS PT, OCS, LMT

Graduated from Portland State University 1989, BS Science, with honors
    Graduated from Notre Coure College 1989 -- Massage
    Graduated from Pacific University 1993, MS in Physical Therapy, with Distinction

In private practice since 2004, she is currently in Tigard, Oregon atTigard Physical Therapy, Inc. located inside Boom Fitness near Bridgeport Mall.

Specialty training includes:

Orthopedic Board Certification through the American Physical Therapy Association

Pelvic Floor Health for Women and Men

Spinal manipulation

Gait Analysis/Custom Orthotic Fabrication

Post-Surgery Rehabilitation

Deep Tissue Massage/Trigger Point Release

Outside of work Lynne enjoys the Pacific Northwest outdoors by gardening, hiking,

To listen to the recording, click here.

Share this with a friend...

http://instantteleseminar.com/?even...campaign=Jan 2013 Newsletter&utm_medium=email

See more popular forum discussions.