1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Attention Deficit Disorder- ADD

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Recovery Soon, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

I just got back from a meeting with a world class neurologist- and while he did not find any abnormalities with my MRI- his cognitive functioning test labeled me as "ADD."

Can say very clearly that I do not have ADD by any stretch. As one example I have mediated intensively every day for 12 years. On a more basic level I can focus just fine to anything or anyone without lapses.

However, this finding, however misguided does show clinical evidence of the cognitive deficits (note cognitive- not attention) of Brain Fog.

I wonder if anyone else has gotten this feedback?

-Also- he found antibodies for GQB1 which have to do with neurological problems.
  2. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    some world class neurologist he is. im trying to persuade these bastard neurologists here for an F-mri, but its so damn hard.

my eeg suggested a decrease in cerebral blood flow.

anti-GQb1 antibody test?? almost all people with GBS have circulating antibodies to GQb1 ganglioside.

do you have GuillainBarr syndrome too by any chance?

"Anti-GQ1b are found in Miller-Fisher syndrome (GBS). Studies of these antibodies reveal large disruption of the Schwann cells. Anti-GQ1b IgG levels were elevated in patients with ophthalmoplegia in Guillain-Barr syndrome"

https://online.epocrates.com/u/29231097/Evaluation of ataxia/Diagnosis/Tests

and were you vaccinated? what other tests did he perform?
  3. Recovery Soon

I tried to reply to your PM and you have chosen to not allow incoming messages.

4. searcher

searcher

SF Bay Area
    I was also diagnosed with ADD. I decided it wasn't even worth explaining that concentration problems are common in CFS, and that this is a symptom, not an innate problem.
  5. Recovery Soon

In my case- I have actively cultivated concentration to a significant degree, which made for a particularly difficult pill to swallow. Very little throws me for a loop nowadays. But that one offended me for about a day.

And then he was asking questions about my performance in school- as if the Cognitive Deficits of CFS, which appeared straight out of the blue after a startlingly sudden CFS onset, were there all along and undetected. Like I wouldn't know.

I can't wait to laugh about all this one day. Though I'm kind of laughing now, truth be told. :) What else is there to do?

See more popular forum discussions.