1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Astragalus root reduces autoantibodies to acetylcholine

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by ramakentesh, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Works in M.Gravis and these same autoantibodies have been implicated in NMH and POTS - so I wonder if would work for OI related issues?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8088200

2. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    Interesting, thanks for posting.

3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Very interesting, and definitely worth a shot. Thanks.

4. chilove

chilove Senior Member

I take both astragalus and ashwagandha (both adatptogenic herbs) and I feel I benefit a great deal from taking them. They helped a lot during a recent adrenal crash.

Also... my partner recently purchased an inversion table for back pain.. I think I'll start using it for blood flow to the brain and see if it helps! :)

Audrey

5. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

ive had some great success with a herbal mix that includes astragalus among other things. I have used Rhodiola rosea worked really well for me for about three days at a time. Lactuca virosa also worked ok but can cause stomach upsets. I have used ashwagandha in the past for sleep and for inflammation from another health problem and it worked well.

See more popular forum discussions.