1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Astragalus max. dosage questions

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Sinclair, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Sinclair

Sinclair Senior Member

Hello,

I started my third week trial with Astragalus (US made Newton Everett brand 250 mg extract from 1000 mg root Astragalus membranaceus). Increased my dose in 1 softgel per week, from 1 to 3 currently splitted in 2 in AM and 1 in PM.

Took it along with several other supplements, Selenium among others.

My symptoms after 2 or 3 days include flu-like symptoms, severe fatigue and increased pain, lasting 2 to 3 days. When increasing to 3 softgels, an additional symptom appeared: a general feeling of toxicity or burning from behind my eyes, my head, inside my mouth organs, muscles and in the place of liver, spleen and kidneys. In a word, I feel toxic.

My questions are:

1. Can anyone please indicate the exact mg of Astragalus & Selenium included in Equilibrant? I started my trial in order to test whether I am a good candidate for Equilibrant, and don't want to overdue in this trial and thereafter reduce my response to treatment with Equilibrant.

2. In any case, which is the max. daily dose of Astragalus one can intake in order to avoid toxicity?

3. Could anyone explain the likely cause of my feeling of toxicity? (Overstimulated Citokines or TH2 overstimulation maybe?)

4. What test is useful for monitoring risks/progresses with Astrgalus?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I can't answer about the astralagus but as far as I know, Chia won't say the exact amount of things in his equilbrant.

Sinclair likes this.
  3. Adlyfrost

Adlyfrost Senior Member

NJ

Sinclair likes this.
  4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    It might be a good idea to see a TCM practitioner to inquire about this. Everybody is different, so it's hard to say how much is too much of anything for a given person.

See more popular forum discussions.