1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Astaxanthin

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by maryb, Mar 13, 2014.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Anyone use this antioxidant, I've been reading up about it, I was looking around for a really pure form from a good manufacturer, I'm allergic to shellfish (in addition to a lot of other stuff) so have to be careful.

2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I've used it long ago, but didn't notice anything.

3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Oh that's not encouraging - I was listening to one of Dr Mercola's videos, maybe look again. It'd be nice to hear someone had noticed an improvement on it, I know I have massive inflammation issues in my spine - the osteopath says you could fry an egg on it........
    I take liposomal vit c but don't really know whether it does anything........sometimes you just think WTH stop taking everything......... but only for a short while:)

4. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Hmm I think you can get a fair amount juicing veggies. I wonder if supplementing it is more worthwhile, these compounds ingested naturally in the food matrix are often best absorbed. How much Astax. yilelds say, one romaine lettuce...

5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Someone called Billy recently posted the following on my website:
    I tried astaxanthin myself a few years ago, without noticing much. But I used 4 mg daily, rather than the 12 mg that Billy uses.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Beyond likes this.
  6. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    In clinical trials most of these flavonoids exert a powerful antinflmmatory and antioxidant action in the gut and elsewhere, like say Pycnogenol. The problem is you need large doses to reach these effects, normally in these studies they are not sissy with quantities.

See more popular forum discussions.