• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Astaxanthin

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Anyone use this antioxidant, I've been reading up about it, I was looking around for a really pure form from a good manufacturer, I'm allergic to shellfish (in addition to a lot of other stuff) so have to be careful.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Oh that's not encouraging - I was listening to one of Dr Mercola's videos, maybe look again. It'd be nice to hear someone had noticed an improvement on it, I know I have massive inflammation issues in my spine - the osteopath says you could fry an egg on it........
I take liposomal vit c but don't really know whether it does anything........sometimes you just think WTH stop taking everything......... but only for a short while:)

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Hmm I think you can get a fair amount juicing veggies. I wonder if supplementing it is more worthwhile, these compounds ingested naturally in the food matrix are often best absorbed. How much Astax. yilelds say, one romaine lettuce...

Hip

Someone called Billy recently posted the following on my website:
"I haven’t read any comments about someone using Astaxanthin. I get a great deal of inflammation all over my body, especially in my gut. I get very bloated for hours(6-8) after I eat. Since taking the 12 mg gel pills over the last 30 days, I feel so much better all over, especially in my gut. It’s as if I lost 10 pounds in just that area. It is also a brain barrier, and has done wonders for the fog brain issue. It is one of the stongest antioxidants you can take. I would recommend anyone having these problems, to try it, and see if they have the same results. The best brand to take is Bioastin Hawaiin Astaxanthin 12 mg, one time a day."

I tried astaxanthin myself a few years ago, without noticing much. But I used 4 mg daily, rather than the 12 mg that Billy uses.

Last edited:

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
In clinical trials most of these flavonoids exert a powerful antinflmmatory and antioxidant action in the gut and elsewhere, like say Pycnogenol. The problem is you need large doses to reach these effects, normally in these studies they are not sissy with quantities.