1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Assoc of active hhv-6, -7 and parvo b19 ... in patients with ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by SOC, Feb 21, 2013.

1. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Have we discussed this paper yet? That ~66% number is showing up again. I haven't read the entire paper so far -- just the abstract and discussion.

[my bolding]
    An interesting finding wrt PEM

This table was interesting, too.

[​IMG]
    Iquitos, snowathlete and Valentijn like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Fascinating study, thanks for posting. I like how they broke down symptoms by infection(s).

I'm not sure where I fit in though. B19 is closest to my symptoms, aside from definitely having PEM. I also get some lymph stuff sometimes (tonsils though, not armpits).
  3. SOC

USA
    Have you been tested for HHV6? I had active HHV6 and B19 (was never tested for HHV7, as far as I know). I had all those symptoms except new headaches and subfebrility.
  4. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    intresting. dont think I have spotted this one before.

I'm waiting for test results on EBV, HHV6 and HHV7. Dont think Im being tested for B19 though id have to check to be sure.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Only HHV-4 (EBV) thus far. Viruses are probably somewhere I'll look next.
  6. SOC

USA
    I strongly recommend it. You sound very viral. ;) Just clearing up infections (HHV6, EBV, C. pneumoniae, parvo B19, and coxsackie) made a huge difference in how I feel. It wasn't a cure, but it was a substantial improvement in quality of life.
    heapsreal, anniekim and Valentijn like this.
  7. fablepd

fablepd

Padova, Italy
    Hello. Just received my first (in my life!) test for HHV-6 and HHV-7 PCR and i'm positive to HHV-7. Is there a treatment against this virus ? I suffer from ME/CFS.
    [​IMG]
  8. SOC

USA
    HHV7 is a beta herpesvirus like HHV6 and CMV, so is likely to respond best to Valcyte. Your doc might prefer to prescribe a less toxic antiherpetic such as Valtrex , which is aimed at alpha- and gamma-herpesviruses, although it might be less effective for beta-herpesviruses.

Or your doc might say HHV7 is no big deal and be unwilling to prescribe anything.
    fablepd likes this.
  9. fablepd

fablepd

Padova, Italy
    Thank you !!! I'll spoke with my immunologist as soon as I can :)

See more popular forum discussions.