• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Asked dr for diagnosis

As most of you know, it can seem like forever and probably adds to the symptoms of already feeling horrible. After a point I imagine you just know when it’s time. Especially when there’s nothing left and the onset and symptoms totally line up.

My drs been great and has tested anything I’ve researched about or thought even a slight possibility. Last week we did EBV, mthfr gene mutation and even checked kidney function again. Endo, neurology, and all blood tests and sleep studies would indicate I’m happy and healthy. Unfortunately I’m 180 degrees away from that.

A year and a half later now and it’s time i believe. He asked me if I wanted to deal with my depression? I said maybe after I’m diagnosed and reinforced that is a symptom and no where near any cause. I believe he understands that. He said at this point he can’t think of any other tests. I told him I can’t either and asked if we could go with CFS diagnosis. I said having this diagnosis and not having to worry about not checking every other possible cause of my symptoms could be a bit of a relief. I’m waiting for his response.

It’s real scary thinking about the possibility of not getting the diagnosis at this point. I’m missing a lot of work now and am becoming more and more housebound as time goes by.

That’s probably just the beginning too. Step 2 will probably be fun too. That’ll include applying for disability and hopefully finding any kind of treatment. That’s gonna take a lot of energy that I used to have not long ago. Sure seems long ago.

I’m so tired. Wish I could sleep. Of course if i sleep decent or not at all it pretty much feels the same. Thanks for listening and hope you are as well as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: