• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ashley Olsen Chronic Lyme Disease Diagnosis (Olsen twins)

chipmunk1

I think late-stage Lyme disease and ME/CFS are rare kinds of conditions where even having half a billion dollars won't get you very far treatment wise. I often ask myself what I would be doing differently if I won the lottery and the answer I come up with is nothing, except I would hire people to clean and cook for me.

That statement contains a lot of truth.

Charles555nc

George Bush had lyme disease and unlike Dick Cheney who had his bypass surgery filmed (to encourage everyone else to get it), his lyme disease treatment was kept secret and he seems fine now. Actors/actresses aren't part of the real power structure, so I'm sure there are better treatments out there, right now.

If the ultra rich/ultra powerful (billionaires and world leaders) would have to deal with chronic lyme or chronic fatigue syndrome, then the CDC would not be the deadly organization it is, fighting every chance at new research/new treatments, even denying chronic lyme exists at all.

People forget that the CDC said AIDS was a "social issue and not a medical one" and that the CDC recently brought in a person from Africa, with an active Ebola infection, and flew them around the country with very little containment procedures.