1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: XMRV Confirmation Around the Corner? Journalists Report FDA/NIH Confirm XMRV

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
  3. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

a friend suggested to me that this news was purposefully leaked by the NIH (or by Alter alone?) to the dutch journalists, knowing it would go "viral" online. a trial test balloon, to see how the public reacts. let the news out slowly...?
  4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Honestly my guess, actually, is that they are appalled to see this out there. I think the researchers, in particular, would like to have a 'clean release'. I don't know how, on the other hand, the Dutch journalists got it - someone must have given it to them. In any case they're getting their reaction! ;)
  5. Kelvin Lord

Kelvin Lord Ampligen Journalist

Colorado
    Awesome. “Truth is generally the best vindication against slander” Abraham Lincoln
  6. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Really nice writing Cort. Two Paws up!
  7. hvs

hvs Senior Member

It seems that the conference organizers simply made Alter's Powerpoint presentation publicly available over the web. That seems the only thing on which the Dutch press is based.

Oops.
  8. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    (heheheh) Gotta love the web. (big grins)
  9. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Gotta love the web, indeed :cool::cool:
  10. My guess is that Gert, the editor-in-chief of the Dutch magazine ORTHO, or one of his/her colleagues, is a "friend" with interest in CFS since 1988...

"ORTHO is a Dutch magazine for health professionals focusing on nutrition and dietary supplements. ORTHO has been publishing reports on CFS since 1988. Editor-in-chief: Gert E. Schuitemaker (PhD). Tel: + 31 (0) 315 695211 / + 49 (0) 170 808 9484. E-mail: ortho@orthoeurope.com."

Great job Cort!

Elisabeth
  11. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Very interesting Elizabeth. Well, they certainly got us going. The WSJ just blogged about it.
  12. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Many thanks again Cort for keeping us so fully informed on all the latest developments and research findings world wide (now). All the best to you and team.
  13. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Enid! I hope we got this 'scoop' right; only time will tell. :)
  14. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I personally would be appalled if I was one of the scientists involved in this study. Leaks are not helpful.

You don't want people to have their mind made up before they've seen the actual results.
  15. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Well, I don't know. People already had their minds made up--or were tilting strongly in one direction. So now, some are tilting in the other direction. We all await the official publication!

See more popular forum discussions.