1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Where's the Beef? The WPI and the NIH

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Aug 3, 2010.

1. V99

V99 *****

UK
    I completely agree Frickly.
    Most companies would want to proudly say they are sponsoring this conference, so why hide it? Are they about to bring out their own blood test? If they did, and the WPI test was pushed to one side, then most of the money will not go back into ME research.
  2. V99

V99 *****

UK
  3. Sherby

Sherby Sherby

London UK
    This is all so wrong. i wounder how the WPI feels about not be included the last two conferences. Whats going to happen when the next XMRV conference comes along. Wrong Wrong Wrong.
  4. V99

V99 *****

UK
    If the Alter study is published, we (the patients) will suddenly have a voice. How do they expect to shut us up on this,
  5. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Check out NIH's 2010 funding for "Women's Health", $3.9 billion compared to "Infectious Diseases" $3.7billion, "HIV/AIDS" $3.1 billion. Perhaps Pinn wants to spend money on her area of expertise--sex & gender in science and medicine instead of on ME/CFS? :)

http://report.nih.gov/rcdc/categories/

Gemini
  6. Kronik

Kronik

UK
    The talking seems to have moved from "when" the Alter study is published to "if". Is it likely to be now?:sad:
  7. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I agree. Much rather be a social outcast with a real disease, than a social outcast with a 'fake' one. It would be a step or three up from our current status.
  8. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Ignore the 'when' and 'if', it's where the information is coming from that's important. We can't trust the DHHS. Who knows which way it will go. However, It's such a big story they are unlikely to stop it.

See more popular forum discussions.