1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Washington Post ME/CFS Ad and Press Release are OUT!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've noticed that the couple of online papers (Miami Herald and Wall Street Online) that I looked at used this press release verbatim - a sign of a well-written one!

I hope it gets more and more coverage but also some considered commentary and follow-up stories in the media. That will be the interesting stage, I think - when the media stop just repeating what they've been handed and actually start thinking about the content for themselves.
  3. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Wow - what an impact!

This is catching on like wildfire in the US press. :D and history is being made as we 'speak'!

Superb job by everyone at the MCWPA and PANDORA! Tina and Sita are hopefully going to find themselves very busy from now on!

Hopefully the recalcitrant UK press will pick up on this in the week ... would love to have seen a certain Professor's face over the cornflakes this morning ... (on second thoughts ..)
  4. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    The Washington Post is also running the "CFS banned from donating blood" article in the health section!
  5. Carryon

Carryon

Littleton, CO
  6. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Good timing!
  7. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Great news Cort keep it going and we may be able to do the same thing here.
  8. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I got my messages into my congressman and Senator. It was fun! :cool:
  9. lancelot

lancelot Senior Member

southern california
    This was very nicely done! who should we thank for doing the ad?
  10. alice1

alice1 Senior Member

Toronto
    Amazing!!! Thankyou to everyone involved!!
  11. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    THANKS EVERYONE WHO MADE IT HAPPEN!

I need to get on the letters to politician thang again.....
  12. Berthe

Berthe Senior Member

near Antwerp
    Incredible, keep up the good work. Hopefully our two small (pretty stuborn) welfare-states, Belgium and the Netherlands will pick up this lead.
    Thanks everyone who putted their time, effort but most of all their precious energy in this campain.
  13. Carryon

Carryon

Littleton, CO
    A Huge Team Effort...

Lancelot... This was a huge team effort. First the Folks at MCWPA: Tina Tidmore, Andrea Pring, Sita Harrison: Marly Silverman, Karen Ravitz.

Second the supporting organizations: P.A.N.D.O.R.A. Inc., Rocky Mountain CFS/ME and FM Association, Vermont CFIDS Association, Inc., Wisconsin ME/CFS Association, Inc. and R.E.S.C.I.N.D.

Third: All the donors that gave which made the effort possible

Last the patient community who took time to comment and select the ad that went into the Post.

It doesn't get much better than that.
  14. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Fantastic work everyone. I have forwarded links for the Washington Post add, the PR, Red Cross and AABB news releases to all my local newspapers. I have also contacted our local Blood bank with this information asking what they are doing to preserve the safety of our local blood supply. Their response was immediate and in line with the Red Cross banning us from blood donation....they sounded very concerned (probably don't want me at the front door with pamplets). Awareness is spreading like wildfire now.
  15. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Cloud how good to see they are aware of XMRV and watching developments closely, compare that with the UK response, which prohibits us from donating on grounds of the patients own health. I know which country I have more faith in for the truth to emerge from soon.
  16. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Carryon for illuminating the organization that supported the ad.
  17. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Great idea Cloud - what a bunch of light you bring to this action ;)
  18. Carryon

Carryon

Littleton, CO
    Where the rubber meets the road!

Nice! This makes ALL the difference...
  19. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Okay, I've forwarded the links to any local journalists I could think of, members of the health journalism association, the local Blood Bank, and even NPR. Thanks, Cloud for inspiring and abbetting this effort, and thanks to all who got this miraculous campaign off and running.:victory:

:In bed:
    ~leela
  20. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY

See more popular forum discussions.