1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Wanda Jones Talks/ CFSAC Disappoints/Agenda/Audio Call-In Set

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    thanks for this analysis, Cort
  3. Marty

Marty Senior Member

We desperately need Wanda to intervene at HHS to restore handicapped access to ME/CFS meetings.

Wanda has always been able to get things done, and she knows that online video is a necessary accommodation for us. Dr. Lee has only responded with an unsigned form letter announcing the new location. What a mess she has created! I hope people will write daily to the protest list until this is restored.

CSnell@pacific.edu
    nancy.lee@hhs.gov
    howard.koh@hhs.gov and at ash@hhs.gov
    wanda.jones@hhs.gov
    kathleen.sebelius@hhs.gov
    francis.collins@nih.gov
    afauci@niaid.nih.gov
    cc Bob at hebs1reel@yahoo.com to track the numbers.

And Wanda, please require Dr. Lee to sit alone in a hotel room and hold the telephone for two full days. (She may hold the phone during lunch break or call in again at 1 PM.)
  4. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    WillowJ likes this.
  5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Its a real time of change at the NIH. Two really dynamic figures, Dennis Mangan and Wanda Jones, are gone and two new people we know little about are on the mat now. One thing we have learned is that people do make a difference. Dr. Hanna, for all her knowledge of CFS, was not effective and her in-fighting with Dr. Reeves, didn't help. We really need dynamic pro-active people in these positions; hopefully Dr. Lee and Dennis Mangan's replacement will step up.
  6. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Nice one CBS!

and there's more

Monday, October 31, 2011, 9:30:00 AM ET
    Views: Total views: 131, (74 Live, 57 On-demand)
    "our committment to accessibility for all & the focus on our actions speak louder than words" (around 2:30)

What are their actions telling us?

See more popular forum discussions.