1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: The IGIVE Video Contest is OVER! Thanks Everyone - Now Vote for the Winning C00-Nonprofit

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    Just done the 1,000th vote!
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Ooooooh! :victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:
  3. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    It looks like the various dog rescue efforts that are ahead of us had well-organized efforts that started very early - perhaps a little too well-organized since it appears some of their votes didn't pass auditing.

We do have some advantages over most other groups - we aren't away from our computers as much (the internet tends to quiet down a lot on weekends and holidays) and we have large international numbers. So I think we can keep moving toward closing the gap, while at least some of the coonhound aficionados are away for the Thanksgiving holiday.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yup - the dogs are asleep in their baskets but the turnips roll on...
  5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Wow 1028 - #5 :D:D That is so cool​

Yes, we came in in the middle and look at where we are....very impressive - an a reminder for me to jump on these things early. ;)
  6. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We are solidly in the winners circle now. It looks like we would need at least 170 votes a day to move up to the next prize. Pretty difficult. It would take only 280 more votes to give Pandora another $150. I think we should focus on Pandora for a bit, while keeping an eye on the rear view mirror...
    I think it was a great suggestion, Leaves!
  7. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Look at how far we've come and all the groups we've passed up! :victory::victory:

Thank you everybody! :D:D

I agree let's keep an eye on PR and make sure it stays in the top 8 - and then help out Pandora at the same time. ;);)
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I have been voting every day.

There are currently 1,200 active members on this forum.
    I they all decide to vote tomorrow, we can double our votes.
    You can each be part of raising money for the forum you are benefiting from.

so take two minutes off you time and vote!
  9. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I just looked to see where Pandora was, and saw a discrepancy in the rules. They say that voting is over as of "Sunday, Nov 30 2010 at 11:59 CT" I don't know if we actually have until Tues the 30th to gather another 185 votes or only until Sun to do it. I can contribute 7....
  10. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    bump 183 more votes needed....
  11. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

People need to start voting for PR again - it's dropped to 9th (there's a gap in the prize money between 8th and 9th). Remember your last vote of the day is the one that counts so you can still do your vote for Nov 29th for PR. I think PANDORA is out of the running - it's at 25th (172 votes) and still a long way from 18th (307 votes).

Change your signatures also.
  12. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    That's incredible! Keep voting!
  13. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    We're about 10 votes out of #8 ! Let's get back into the top 8 - One last challenge:cool::cool:
  14. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're back at 8th - let's keep voting to keep us safely there!

Cort, your sig is blank - do you have time to change it back to a turnip-praising one?
  15. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Last day! Lets bring it home!

:victory::victory::victory::victory:

Thanks everyone!
  16. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I just had to take one more look at the clip before it's gone. It really is s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o CUTE !!! She did such a great job and in such a short time! Hats off to you!!!
  17. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, it is cute - I love that earnest, worried onion (?) with the moustache, his eyes looking into the distance as he contemplates the unknowable future... it's got everything, that video...
  18. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    The last 24 hours have been brutal. I keep thinking they are treating us like dogs!:Retro wink:
    There are only 3 1/2 hours to go and we are 94 votes ahead of 7th place. As long as we remain above them we win. Truthfully, I think we won anyway.
    Yes, we are all sick, but we still managed to skyrocket to the top, then when they took our votes, we fought back. I was proud to be part of this team and to focus on something other than limits for a change. Thank-you
  19. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Did we get it???!!!????
  20. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    Subject to audit, PR would win $250 gaining 7th place! Great video Helen!!! Yeah, it was nice to have something else very positive to put some attention into. And to all who of us who voted, sustained applause!

See more popular forum discussions.