1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: The IGIVE Video Contest is OVER! Thanks Everyone - Now Vote for the Winning C00-Nonprofit

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    #19! One more to #18 and we're in the bigger bucks.

Watch out Save a Heart - we're playing to win! You're next! :cool:
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    And if we can't beat the Tri-Force Jump Rope Booster Club there's something very wrong with the world!
  3. Cort

Raleigh, NC

Pfaff!!! Splutter....Splat :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Tri-Force Jump Rope Booster Club is ahead of us - say it isn't so! :eek::eek::eek:

We'll just have to jump ahead of them :victory::victory:
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Just to be clear, one doesn't have to be signed up with iGive for Phoenix Rising to support the video (I'll out myself that another non-profit got me first, before PR had non-profit status, to make this point).
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Dolphin - we're stable at 18 - that puts us -just barely in the $150 - we're about 10 votes ahead of #19. Let's make sure we're in the top 18! :victory: Just a vote a day.

We would need to move up 10 places to win $250 - it would take about 300 votes to get there. I've been told we probably need about 100 votes a day to do that. It certainly seems doable.
  6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

41 people have clicked they like it for Facebook. When you include anyone who doesn't have a Facebook account or does but didn't want to click like it, presumably the figure for those who have voted at least once is quite a bit higher. Get them to vote 10+ times before the end of the month and we'll do well. Is there any easier way that we could be sent out an E-mail reminder e.g. at around the same time every day ideally, to vote. One simple way I suppose would be to have a thread where a message was posted at around the same time every day and people were encouraged to subscribe to that thread. Anyway, I'm not volunteering, just throwing out ideas. Moderators have permission to sign me up for such a thread.
  7. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Dolphin for the ideas - figuring out the best way to do this is key I think.

We did good today. We're still at 18 but we're now about 45 votes ahead of #19 - that's the key. THanks! ;)
  8. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

I think with a small effort we could slowly get on the 8 th place - which means 250 USD. With little bit bigger effort we could get on the 3rd place - which means 500 USD.
    So if you are able, involve your family, friends, lovers, dogs, horses, cats ......in this competition
    thanks
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just don't tell them they'll be voting against themselves! :D
  10. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    ;););););););)
  11. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Wow - what a leap! We are up to 14! :victory: Only six more to the magic number 8 :cool:

Little Mews is just ahead of us - - sorry little kitty the turnips cannot be stopped - you're next! :cool:
  12. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Wow - what a jump we had - up to 12! :victory::victory::victory: - our best day by far.

We be kicking rear-end right now. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you look at the next magic number - #8 - that group has not been moving hardly at all - they gained few votes over the next day. If we keep this up we catch up to them pretty quickly!

Are we good or what? :D:D:D
  13. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Another excellent day! We are #10 - on the First Page :D:D:D

The people with CFS :In bed: actually jumped past the Tri-cities Jumping Rope Club - take that you jump-ropers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have 472 votes and are two places away from our next magic number - #8 - let's do it today! ​
  14. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

That's great. One can see from the front page that there are 75 people who have liked it on Facebook so that's a good number going forward (and there are probably more).

Cort, in case you didn't know, your sig wasn't on those posts.
  15. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Snowball! We swept past the Dobbies - and we're up to #8 :victory::victory:
  16. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    We jumped up quite a few votes and we are more comfortably in the top 8. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let's keep voting and see if we can move up - we're now going up against other strong groups - this is the really challenging part! :cool::cool::cool:
  17. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Moving up everyday! Up to #7. They should give us a prize for most improved -
    we started this at day 14! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  18. dancer

dancer Senior Member

Midwest, USA
    I'm glad folks keep posting updates because it reminds me to go vote each time I come to visit the forum in the mornings. I'm voting each day...but I know I'd forget if I didn't see these updates.
  19. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    We're at #5. Tough the next section though

Just need to stop ourselves being over run!
  20. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Up to #5 - yes the next couple are tough but we keep moving up. We are the Turnip that could!!!!
    :balloons::balloons::balloons:

See more popular forum discussions.