1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: The IGIVE Video Contest is OVER! Thanks Everyone - Now Vote for the Winning C00-Nonprofit

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We've already overtaken Muttville! We've got to be worth more than rescue homes for obscure dog breeds. Vote, everybody! We can easily win this - we're a huge international online community and the others are tiny local causes.
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    We've put Muttville behind :D I think contest is 'ripe' for winning. :). A click a day will do it.
  4. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    The top 18 vote getters will get from $150 to $1000. We're #32 right now.....We've won $50 so far. I will keep everyone posted.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, eat our dust, Save-A-Pet! :D
  6. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Watch out Labrador Rescue - we're coming for YOU! :victory:
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Neck and neck with Labrador Rescue... one more vote, one more vote...
  8. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I've done my bit for the day. Goodness but there are a lot of local animal-rescue organizations out there.
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hey, Labrador Rescue is in the rearview mirror! Now we're neck and neck with DAWG (what else?). We're storming up the rankings!
  10. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Sasha & Cort, you are terrific cheerleaders!

And besides the money PR is getting from the video contest (at least $50), because our iGive membership has gone from 9 to 42 in a few days, this means, I hope, that PR will see bigger checks every month from now on.

Thanks, everyone. Don't forget to vote tomorrow.
  11. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks everyone. We only need about 140 votes to get into the top 18 and bring in more cash. ;)
  12. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We've passed DAWG and are panting after biodiversity now. Only 2 votes ahead!
  13. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    We just moved up a couple of slots :). I love seeing our veges there next to all those dogs. Next up - we show Constant Love some Phoenix Rising Love! They won't know what hit them... :victory:
  14. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Thanks Helen.

People could put this in their sig for November.
    I'm off to do this now.
  15. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Great idea, Dolphin! Done!
  16. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Hot Diggety Dawg - we're up to #23 - 80 votes :)Retro cool:)...5 more places and we'll be in the top 18!

Great idea Dolphin - thanks!
  17. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We passed the symphony/marching band (I wonder how that would go over at a game?hmm), now it's another group of dogs- these ones are cute and they even sing. I still think the root vegetables can do it!
  18. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    If you want to win this thing, got to get on it: the #1 entry has 1657 votes to Phoenix Rising's 93! I found it a little hard to find the video contest after registering for iGive. If anyone else has that issue. the link to go to after registering is: http://www.igive.com/html/videocontestvote.cfm##.

First, you need to register, at: http://www.igive.com/welcome/index.cfm

You pick your cause (type Phoenix Rising in the blank), then register. Then go to the link for the video contest that I gave above and vote. If you leave it open it is easy to vote every day.

Sorry if this seems terribly obvious. But I was tired when trying to do it and could easily have given up when it wasn't obvious how to get to the video contest.

Happy voting.
  19. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    At 22 - 107 votes now.
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We just need two more votes to overtake those collies - come on UK/Europe, let's do it before the US wakes up - we should be able to wipe the floor with all these other charities, we can do international 24 hour voting!

See more popular forum discussions.