1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: Muscles and the 'myalgia' in ME/CFS
In the first in a new series of 'In Brief' articles, Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics and explores how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he looks at the muscles, exploring how our reported symptoms might be associated with our...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: The Golden Girls: our reality in a humorous context

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Nermalina

Nermalina Robbo

Australia
    This is the only time I have seen this disease represented on tv or film - and it is done so well! Aside from the black humour I've personally employed over the years to deal with ME, this is the only time I've had a chuckle over it. I might download it onto my phone and show it to the next doctor who is rude to me.
  2. AndrewB

AndrewB Senior Member

England, UK
    Dr "yes, yes you've already told me"

Patient "well maybe it bares repeating" lol

Thats exactly where im at now, im trying desperately to get a diagnosis, and ive been ill now for 13 months almost.
    The Golden Girls was a very good show, i think they were the first US prime time TV show to deal with HIV too.
    I know Midnight Caller dealt with HIV but i dont think that was ever a prime time show.
    I wish more TV writers would include HE/CFS illness in their scritps, soap drama's are seen by millions, that would be a huge help.

Andrew
  3. bbs

bbs

I would like to dedicate these Golden Girl Clips to Dr.Robert Smith in Canandaigua, New York and Dr. Jennifer Kwon in Rochester, NY.

See more popular forum discussions.