1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: The Big Forum Move: Why We're Moving, What's Missing and What's New

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, May 10, 2012.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    Cort, thanks for your work on this. I can't imagine how you have the energy to take on a project like this.

I hope the new package works OK over a dialup connection. I live in a remote area, and there's not many affordable options where I live. The current package is mostly tolerable, although I do have to work at being patient.

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Adin and Will, Mark and Kina did most of the work.

Let us know it goes for you. Hopefully it will work as well or better. We'll know soon :)

4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Im on a dial up connection too..so i hope its fine for dial up as well.

5. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Senior Member

Bulgaria
    Yahoo! Happy new forums.

mobyjoby likes this.
  6. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Whoop! High-fives all round! :thumbsup:

7. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    Congrats to all who have helped with the move. I seem to have crossed over with no problems here, lol.

8. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    And congrats to Glynis, the first member to post on the new forums. :)

9. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for your hard work in sorting it all out.

I felt a moment of fear when the forums were on-line, but only old posts were showing... it all turned out well in the end though. I hope everyone's getting settled in okay, and starting to find out about the new features.

10. oceanblue

oceanblue Senior Member

UK
    This is just fabuous. Thankyou.:thumbsup:

11. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Glynis!!! Nice :redface:...

I remember the first person who signed up for the Phoenix Rising newsletter - it was Tom Kindlon :)

12. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Well done, I must admit it looks rather nice. A bit more classy than your generic VBulletin forum.

13. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Glad to hear it Snow Leopard...We'll getting in some cool themes shortly as well.

14. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Thanks to all who worked on this.

WillowJ likes this.
  15. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    everything seems to be working nicely. I like the new options in the header :thumbsup:

the article link in post 1 doesn't work, but the one in the banner at the top of every page does.

If you do bring in more, it would be helpful to me to have something of moderate brightness (like grey, or grey-blue... or something like the "whisper" theme but not striped - sorry, the stripes throw my eyes off).It's difficult for me to look at white/light backgrounds, but the black is also hard. I would guess this might help for a few others as well (though I know some, conversely, prefer high contrast and I think you may have that covered).

If you don't, it's not a huge deal; the internet is (and books are also) built on white... (though it would make more sense to me and another migraineur I know to go engineers' green, but nobody asked us ;) )

16. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    I really like the new forum. Its more simple... and the simplier the better :) . Im also noticing some things I didnt see at the other site, (I dont know if they are new or just cause its simplier set up.. more easy to spot things eg what mods are currently online).

Thanks Cort and all those who worked on this.

17. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Tania, Will, Adin, Svet, Mark and Kina really carried the load. :)

See more popular forum discussions.