• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: The Big Forum Move: Why We're Moving, What's Missing and What's New

Cort, thanks for your work on this. I can't imagine how you have the energy to take on a project like this.

I hope the new package works OK over a dialup connection. I live in a remote area, and there's not many affordable options where I live. The current package is mostly tolerable, although I do have to work at being patient.

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for your hard work in sorting it all out.

I felt a moment of fear when the forums were on-line, but only old posts were showing... it all turned out well in the end though. I hope everyone's getting settled in okay, and starting to find out about the new features.

everything seems to be working nicely. I like the new options in the header :thumbsup:

the article link in post 1 doesn't work, but the one in the banner at the top of every page does.

we've bought several new themes and may bring in some more
If you do bring in more, it would be helpful to me to have something of moderate brightness (like grey, or grey-blue... or something like the "whisper" theme but not striped - sorry, the stripes throw my eyes off).It's difficult for me to look at white/light backgrounds, but the black is also hard. I would guess this might help for a few others as well (though I know some, conversely, prefer high contrast and I think you may have that covered).

If you don't, it's not a huge deal; the internet is (and books are also) built on white... (though it would make more sense to me and another migraineur I know to go engineers' green, but nobody asked us ;) )

I really like the new forum. Its more simple... and the simplier the better :) . Im also noticing some things I didnt see at the other site, (I dont know if they are new or just cause its simplier set up.. more easy to spot things eg what mods are currently online).

Thanks Cort and all those who worked on this.