• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: SIX Advertisement Samples for the Washington Post - Review & Comment by 31 O

I can't get on using these URLS - anyone else have the same problem or is it my computer?

I can open the adds, but not the comment page.

My favorite one is the last one--World.

Thanks to all of you who did such an excellent job on this campaign! :victory::victory::victory:
I have been crashed all week, so I just finally got around to looking at them and I'm glad I did.

I think that the current ads are too "wordy" and use of more images would be good -- I like Ad #2 with "Jim" since it shows a real person living with the consequences of ME/CFS. I agree with the people who say that the ad needs to be aimed more at "healthy" people re: concerns abut the blood supply and how little we know about how this illness might be transmitted if it is a virus.

I noticed that a website is listed. Perhaps something should say at the bottom "For more info, go to www.XXX.org." - where XXX is the site name you want to use and the link should have more facts about XMRV.

I also suggest that someone contact Dr. Lenny Jason (if you haven't already) about using his study of deaths among people with ME/CFS; I think the study has been misquoted/ misunderstood many times and if you are going to use the results from his study, it should be as honest about the study's conclusions as possible.