1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: SIX Advertisement Samples for the Washington Post - Review & Comment by 31 O

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Klmrav

Klmrav

NC
    The ads are great! Vote on your favorite!!!!!!

Thanks for posting Muffin!:D
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I can't get on using these URLS - anyone else have the same problem or is it my computer?
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I can see them - Windows Vista & Firefox.
  5. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    I can open the adds, but not the comment page.

My favorite one is the last one--World.

Thanks to all of you who did such an excellent job on this campaign! :victory::victory::victory:
    I have been crashed all week, so I just finally got around to looking at them and I'm glad I did.
  6. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    If you use AT&T, then you may be having a problem accessing. Cort, I can e-mail them directly to you if you want. Anyone wanting that, send me e-mail at editor@claynews.net

As for the comment page, after you have registered, you may have to enter another password to enter a thread. That password is "action".

Tina
  7. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

I think that the current ads are too "wordy" and use of more images would be good -- I like Ad #2 with "Jim" since it shows a real person living with the consequences of ME/CFS. I agree with the people who say that the ad needs to be aimed more at "healthy" people re: concerns abut the blood supply and how little we know about how this illness might be transmitted if it is a virus.

I noticed that a website is listed. Perhaps something should say at the bottom "For more info, go to www.XXX.org." - where XXX is the site name you want to use and the link should have more facts about XMRV.

I also suggest that someone contact Dr. Lenny Jason (if you haven't already) about using his study of deaths among people with ME/CFS; I think the study has been misquoted/ misunderstood many times and if you are going to use the results from his study, it should be as honest about the study's conclusions as possible.
  8. priya

priya permanently dislabeled

Toronto
    i can view ads, but not vote for them (i'm using safari).

See more popular forum discussions.