1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Opening the Door to a New Era. The WPI Arrives

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Yes, the thing is - how often is the world changed - how often is a field of endeavor changed? Radically altered, so that its hardly even recognizable afterwards? Not very often.......Very rarely, in fact. Most change occur incrementally...if XMRV REALLY works out it will be a extremely rapid paradigm changing event - like the asteroid that hit the planet 100's of millions of years ago that changed almost everything.

I actually wonder if any disease has been as altered as quickly as ME/CFS could be if this all works out. The potential is certainly there. We shall see what happens.
  2. farrellkitty

farrellkitty farrellkitty

citronelle,Alabama USA
    thank you cort, for keeping me me intelligently well informed, and,God bless the Whittemores and the WPI
  3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i cannot imagine how it must feel to be annette whittemore...to know that you began a chain reaction that will end up curing not only CFS, but so many other diseases, including many cancers. it is just too mindblowing for words.
  4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i mean...deep down..i think we all now suspect that these very hard to find retroviruses will be at the root of most CNS diseases...maybe autoimmune diseases....i mean....THIS IS A REVOLUTION started by ONE WOMAN. she is going to be in so many medical history books

See more popular forum discussions.