Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 2
Clark Ellis brings us Part 2 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

article on neurotransmitters

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Jody, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Kim told me I should post all my empowher articles since they all have to do with brain and nerves and could be relevant to people here. I already post all my cfs articles, and I've also started posting the ones on autism and aspergers as I know that some of you deal with these in your families.

This one is The Role of Neurotransmitters in Dementia

And no, I'm not insinuating that anybody here is demented. :D But it can be applied to alot of types of brain dysfunction which let's face it ... isn't unknown around here. :)

2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Jody,

Interesting article. Aren't serotonin, norepinephrine and acetylcholine all from aminos ? I don't know what other nutrients need to be in place for our bodies to produce or utilize these though.

I have a problem breaking proteins down to aminos so I wonder how many others do ....

Just one more deranged PWC here ... :rolleyes:

3. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    xchoc,

I tried to do a little research on your question but got completely bogged down in it, as everything seemed to require more knowledge than I have.

I'm pretty new to this area, and am learning as I go along. I suspect that you know more about it than I do. :)

See more popular forum discussions.