1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

article on neurotransmitter acetylcholine

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Jody, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I posted this on empowher.com awhile ago. At the suggestion of a few members here, I am posting it here now.

Don't let the title, or parts of the article, freak you out, I'm posting it because it's about acetylcholine not because it's about dementia. :)

Decrease in Neurotransmitter Acetylcholine Can Lead to Dementia
  2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Aricept

Dear Jody,

I've been using 5 to 7.5 mg Aricept most nights before bed for going on two years, and it does help, with brain fog, "executive"/cognitive functions, and with dream recall. It helps keep acetylcholine in the system longer instead of breaking down quite so fast. I have no trouble stopping it and do if I start to be allergic to something (else), because it will amplify this. When the allergy blows over I can start again.

Having had ME/CFS for so long, I go ahead and try such symptomatic medications, to see if they will help, but I don't want to take anything harmful.

Have you heard anything about Aricept for the cognitive and memory troubles we have?

Cecelia
  3. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Cecelia,

I suspect you know more on this subject than I do. :)

I am only just learning as I go along, researching for articles. You have been reading up on all this longer than me.

I haven't come across anything specifically about Aricept but if I do I will pass it on to you.
  4. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
  5. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    liverock,

That sounds wonderful. :)

I know I feel better on Vitamin D. And I apparently need all the acetylcholine I can get. :)

See more popular forum discussions.