1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

article on neurotransmitter acetylcholine

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Jody, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I posted this on empowher.com awhile ago. At the suggestion of a few members here, I am posting it here now.

Don't let the title, or parts of the article, freak you out, I'm posting it because it's about acetylcholine not because it's about dementia. :)

Decrease in Neurotransmitter Acetylcholine Can Lead to Dementia

2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Aricept

Dear Jody,

I've been using 5 to 7.5 mg Aricept most nights before bed for going on two years, and it does help, with brain fog, "executive"/cognitive functions, and with dream recall. It helps keep acetylcholine in the system longer instead of breaking down quite so fast. I have no trouble stopping it and do if I start to be allergic to something (else), because it will amplify this. When the allergy blows over I can start again.

Having had ME/CFS for so long, I go ahead and try such symptomatic medications, to see if they will help, but I don't want to take anything harmful.

Have you heard anything about Aricept for the cognitive and memory troubles we have?

Cecelia

3. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Cecelia,

I suspect you know more on this subject than I do. :)

I am only just learning as I go along, researching for articles. You have been reading up on all this longer than me.

I haven't come across anything specifically about Aricept but if I do I will pass it on to you.

4. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
  5. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    liverock,

That sounds wonderful. :)

I know I feel better on Vitamin D. And I apparently need all the acetylcholine I can get. :)

See more popular forum discussions.