Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

article on invisible illnesses for the ignorant recommendations?

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by xrayspex, Oct 19, 2017.

1. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    It seems like critical mass is being hit on important topics of discrimination these days in the news-- highlighting more about sexism or power role abuses (ie the whole "me too" campaign on facebook) and racism/abuse of power with the attention on police shootings etc

This is all excellent and about time.....but I have been feeling frustrated that "invisible disabilities" seems like one of the last places to be publicly outraged about by a mass of people demanding non-discrimination...sort of like being obese....certain topics even educated usually "fair minded" folks sometimes roll their eyes or wink at one another as they still don't buy it

Does anyone have a concise current article that is educational they recommend that addresses the import of seeing Invisible disabilities same way we might all the "ism's " etc? something that could appeal to educated and non-educated folks? I would love to see a critical mass of discussion or concern be hit on that just as it has been since Weinstein got outed.........

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    zzz, lauluce, sarah darwins and 2 others like this.
  2. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    I feel exactly the same way, mate. We are a terrible discriminated "minority", yet absolutely nobody cares about as a collective

3. TenuousGrip

TenuousGrip Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.