1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: New Threats to U.S. Blood Supply

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Lesley, May 25, 2010.

1. Lesley

Lesley Senior Member

Southeastern US
    From an article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704792104575264600619273586.html?mod=rss_Health

The article talks about various threats to the blood supply, methods of screening blood, pathogen-reduction technology, and screening of potential donors.
  2. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Lesley,

Thanks for the posting and link.

Very good that the WSJ is keeping the critical XMRV blood supply issue and ME/CFS in the news.

Gemini
  3. alphahusky

alphahusky

Even so, I keep getting the feeling that the name "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" doesn't help much. "Oh, so I get some blood that makes me tired sometimes and I get to stay home from work." It just doesn't seem to do justice to what having the disease really is (of course), or why it really matters it stay out of the blood supply.
  4. Sunday

Sunday Senior Member

My acupuncturist/MD uses the term CFIDS: Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome. I'm working on switching to that; it may not be ideal, but it's a heck of a lot more descriptive.

See more popular forum discussions.