1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: ME/CFS Orgs Petition the CDC For Change

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    This is hopefully the beginning of ME/CFS orgs banding together to effect change -something that Marly Silverman has promoted for years; given that it's no surprise she started this effort.

Phoenix Rising is not on the list of organizations that signed the letter; we had a few issues with it that we couldn't resolve but we definitely support the effort and their intentions and hope to be part of further efforts.......

Congratulations to Marly and the other other organizations for creating the first really integrated advocacy effort that I can remember. And what a great idea with the petition ;)
  3. Grape Funk

Grape Funk Senior Member

USA
    the links are down/there is no place to sign the petition
  4. Grape Funk

Grape Funk Senior Member

USA
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Grape Funk I fixed the link.
  6. beesknees

beesknees Senior Member

Signed it.
  7. Revday

Revday

Atlanta, Georgia
    Huh?

"Phoenix Rising is not on the list of organizations that signed the letter; we had a few issues with it that we couldn't resolve..."

Who, What, Where, Why, and How please?

:sofa:
  8. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Coming soon! We really do support the intent of the letter and wanted a few issues clarified. Unfortunately that wasn't possible so we deferred. We fully expect and look forward to being part of future letters.
  9. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    ditto!....
  10. Revday

Revday

Atlanta, Georgia
    Thank you Cort.
  11. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.