• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: M.A.D in May: the 12 Days of May ME/CFS Advocacy Project: Day #1 - FACEBOOK DAY!

Cort, can you put in your Chase section that :

1) You do not need to be a customer of Chase to vote
2) You do not need to be a US citizen to vote - yes, the charities are
primarily American but people can see that the WPI and CAA's work reaches beyond US
borders, for example:

a. WPI has plans with multiple international orgs to look at XMRV and Dr. Mikovits travels
far and wide to talk to scientists
b. International ME/CFS advocates and scientists used information from ME/CFS studies
funded by the CAA, like the Stevens/Snell and Light studies showing biological
abnormalities post-exercise, when discussing why ME/CFS is a biological rather than
psychological illness.

I think that these two points might deter people who don't read the full rules, particularly any international ME/CFS supporters. Dolphin recently surveyed his FB contacts and 60% of the US contacts voted vs. 0% of the non-US contacts.

I hope people take a couple minutes out of their life and a few joules out of their "energy envelope" and help us win $500,000 for ME/CFS research. It's very likely that both WPI and CAA will make it to the top 100 but Round 2 is where the really big money is at.

Right now, 1,700 votes separates WPI from the top spot. Three organizations, one aimed at wolf rescue and two aimed at youth/arts, are ahead of WPI. If this happened in Round 2, those 1,700 votes mean a difference of earning WPI $500,000 vs. $200,000, a difference of $300,000 US dollars! A lot of money.

I should also add that

1) several non-US-based/ non-US citizens have voted without issue last and this year in this
contest
2) one of the big winners last year was an international development non-profit and they reached
out to their international supporters to win

Cort, can you put in your Chase section that :

1) You do not need to be a customer of Chase to vote
2) You do not need to be a US citizen to vote - yes, the charities are
primarily American but people can see that the WPI and CAA's work reaches beyond US
borders, for example:

a. WPI has plans with multiple international orgs to look at XMRV and Dr. Mikovits travels
far and wide to talk to scientists
b. International ME/CFS advocates and scientists used information from ME/CFS studies
funded by the CAA, like the Stevens/Snell and Light studies showing biological
abnormalities post-exercise, when discussing why ME/CFS is a biological rather than
psychological illness.

I think that these two points might deter people who don't read the full rules, particularly any international ME/CFS supporters. Dolphin recently surveyed his FB contacts and 60% of the US contacts voted vs. 0% of the non-US contacts.

I hope people take a couple minutes out of their life and a few joules out of their "energy envelope" and help us win $500,000 for ME/CFS research. It's very likely that both WPI and CAA will make it to the top 100 but Round 2 is where the really big money is at.

Right now, 1,700 votes separates WPI from the top spot. Three organizations, one aimed at wolf rescue and two aimed at youth/arts, are ahead of WPI. If this happened in Round 2, those 1,700 votes mean a difference of earning WPI $500,000 vs. $200,000, a difference of $300,000 US dollars! A lot of money.

Thanks Hope. Will do - that's a unfortunate misconception as of course ME/CFS research done anywhere helps everybody and Chase does not care where you are voting from.

Thanks and thanks to Dolphin for checking that out.

Thanks and thanks to Dolphin for checking that out.
No problem. Easy to do if one has a mix of FB friends (from the US/outside the US): in Chase Community Giving, look under Activity --> My Activity. People's FB friends' votes show up there. I'd be interested in seeing more data but I think the general trend seems to be there (I see it from, say, when I'm posting on Facebook groups in different countries and how many times messages (including previous ones) have been liked, commented on, etc.).