Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article in Mail & Guardian (South Africa) "The Trouble with ME"

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by urbantravels, Feb 26, 2011.

1. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I thought this seemed like a not-too-bad article, reasonably balanced, but strangely omits any mention of the past two weeks' major events - the PACE trial publication and the Schutzer proteomics paper - though it is datelined February 27. Seems to be mostly about the UK, although this is a South African publication.

http://mg.co.za/article/2010-05-21-the-trouble-with-me-no-end-to-a-tiring-debate/

2. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Thank-you for posting this urbantravels - my comment there is awaiting approval

glen

3. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    Over on Facebook some people said this is an old article that originally ran last year. That would explain the strange absence of any up-to-date information in it! (On closer reading, I also see that the number of negative studies mentioned is too low for the article to be current.)

Why the heck an old story would get reprinted like this is a mystery to me. But - it still might not hurt to click on it and leave comments. Never a bad thing to indicate to the media that this topic is one that attracts a lot of page hits.

4. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    oh geez - I read through it but my cognition isnt very good I didnt even realize that. Funny there were no comments

glen

5. Forbin

Forbin Forbin

See more popular forum discussions.