1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: HealKick! Forum for Young Adults with ME/CFS Begins

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I was just a little younger then you are Joey when I got CFS/ME bad but wont join the forum as I do turn 40 in a couple of mths but just want to say I think it's a great idea to have one for this age group, there are different impacts ME/CFS has on the younger ones.

One thing I found with getting CFS/ME younger then many is that I never had the chance to have a proper full time job, never had a chance to finish off my studies, never got to marry and stuck at home etc etc etc. All these things I think have had major impacts on my self confidence as I look back at my life and dont have those successes that older ones can look back on. Its like I lost those things before I had a chance to do them and I cant say "oh I was successful at that".

Its like I never got a chance to really find out who I was or could of been....
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I agree taniaust....the early years in particular with ME/CFS were rough as I had to deal with missed opportunities. I hope Joey can build a resource where people to come to grips with them better.

See more popular forum discussions.