• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: HealKick! Forum for Young Adults with ME/CFS Begins

I was just a little younger then you are Joey when I got CFS/ME bad but wont join the forum as I do turn 40 in a couple of mths but just want to say I think it's a great idea to have one for this age group, there are different impacts ME/CFS has on the younger ones.

One thing I found with getting CFS/ME younger then many is that I never had the chance to have a proper full time job, never had a chance to finish off my studies, never got to marry and stuck at home etc etc etc. All these things I think have had major impacts on my self confidence as I look back at my life and dont have those successes that older ones can look back on. Its like I lost those things before I had a chance to do them and I cant say "oh I was successful at that".

Its like I never got a chance to really find out who I was or could of been....

I agree taniaust....the early years in particular with ME/CFS were rough as I had to deal with missed opportunities. I hope Joey can build a resource where people to come to grips with them better.